Chapter - 29 The Unexpected

★Jai's POV★

Same day ~

Jai and Vishal were staying in a not so famous hotel. Though they had to change their location soon. Indore was a beautiful place. They were on the outskirts of the city. Away from the crowds. Jai was getting bored. He and Vishal were mostly in their rooms or the living area watching TV. Right now Jai was laying on the couch. His head facing the ceiling and his right leg dangling from the couch. The TV was fully being ignored. Vishal was on his phone doing something.

"Dude, I'm bored," Jai whined. Vishal ignored him. Jai scowled and threw a cushion at him. Aiming for his head.

"What the-" Vishal cut himself with a glare directed at Jai. Jai grinned victoriously.

"That's what you get for ignoring me," Jai said with a smirk. Vishal rolled his eyes at him. They had become close friends. Though Jai is a pain in the ass for him. Nonetheless, Vishal couldn't help himself from befriending him. Jai is a good guy.

"What do you want?" Vishal asked looking back at his phone.

"Let's head outside today. I'm bored as fuck." Jai said groaning. Vishal shot him a look saying 'not my problem'.

"C'mon dude, it's getting boring in here. Plus there is a coffee shop around the corner. Let's go there and get some fresh air." Jai said. Vishal wanted to argue.

"I heard it has the best muffin in the area," Jai added hurriedly. Vishal stopped in his tracks. Jai had hit a weak spot. Vishal narrowed his eyes at him.

"You play dirty." Vishal hissed. Jai laughed at him and did a fist bump in the air standing up. Vishal shook his head laughing with him too.

"Go get ready, brother," Vishal told him rolling his eyes at a half-naked Jai. Jai snorted before rushing to his room to get ready.

5 minutes later~

Both were walking towards the coffee shop. Jai and Vishal enjoying the beauty of this town. Jai sighed thinking they would probably leave this town soon. 'I wonder what di is doing.' Jai thought mindlessly. Then he grinned a mischievous grin. 'Probably romancing with her bodyguard." he laughed thinking about it. Vishal eyed him weirdly.

"Did you hit your head somewhere bro?" he asked jokingly. Jai bumped his shoulder with him making Vishal laugh at him.

"No, I'm wondering about my di and her bodyguard," he said rolling his eyes. Vishal hummed.

"Siddharth sir is weird with her." he thought out loud. Jai snapped his head towards him.

"Really? How weird?" Jai asked curiously. Vishal widened his eyes realising that he said that aloud.

"Um..." he trailed off thinking of an excuse. Jai shook his head.

"C'mon I need to know. My sister is in under his protection." Jai pressed. Vishal thought for a while before giving up.

"Uh... I don't know. He seems more....friendly? More concerned. I've never seen him like this. It almost feels like he has a soft corner for her you know." Vishal said furrowing his eyebrows. Jai smirked to himself. 'As much as I want him to know about the situation, it would be better if I wait for them to confirm it.' He thought inwardly.

"What's wrong with you?! Leave me alone this instance!" Someone angry voice caught Jai's attention.

"Did you hear that?" He asked Vishal who nodded. His face showing seriousness.

"Go in there. I'll be back-" Vishal said pointing towards the cafe. Jai shook his head firmly.

"No, I'm coming with you. There is more than one man. I'll help." Jai said and started walking. Vishal followed him closely.