Chapter - 63 Craving You

6k+ words ✨

Small compensation for you all. 🦋

Enjoy!!
_______________________________________

Avneet's breath hitched. Her heartbeat picked up hearing the voice. His voice.

She didn’t even realise the big smile which had taken over her lips. The fluttering in her stomach which had died down returned with vengeance.

Siddharth's playful voice set her off and she decided to play along.

"I don’t remember anyone proposing to me," she said with a grin. It surprised her when she realised the hollow feeling inside her chest was no more there. His breathy laugh reached to her ears making her stomach flutter.

"That won’t be a problem soon, sweetheart," he replied, a teasing undertone in his voice. Avneet let out a content sigh.

The relief she felt hearing his voice was unbelievable. She could feel her whole body relaxing.

"How did you get my number?" she asked suddenly. She had destroyed her personal SIM card before leaving Mumbai. They had completely different contact numbers during their...tour. And now she was owning a new SIM card.

"I have my ways, sweetheart," he replied, a smile evident from his voice.

"You’re not doing something illegal, are you? I'm going snitch on you to dad if you are," Avneet attempted to joke which made him chuckle, much to her pleasure.

"No, baby, I'm not doing anything illegal. All you need to know is that I have some... friends," he said with a soft chuckle.

"Hmm, okay. How are you feeling now? Do your stitches hurt?" she asked dropping the topic. She was concerned about his health. She heard him sigh on the call.

"Yes, sweetheart. I'm okay. The only organ in my body which hurts is my heart," he said grumpily. Avneet eyebrows furrowed in concern and worry. Before Avneet could ask why he interjected.

"Because I miss you," he whined. Butterflies erupted in Avneet's stomach. She felt her cheeks heating up.

The way he flipped his character from being too hot to handle to being a baby, always amused her.

No matter how cheeky his words were, those always had a major effect on her. She couldn’t help it. He would be a big baby whenever he got grumpy. And it was extremely adorable to her.

"Aw, look who's getting all soppy on me," Avneet teased after getting control over her red cheeks. She heard him let out a 'humph' which made her chuckle.

"Shut up. I miss you," he groaned. She could feel how frustrated he was. And she knew exactly why he was being like this.

Her man was ridiculously obsessed with her. He didn’t hang back to remind her about that every now and then. He couldn’t stay away from her for too long. He was always unable to keep his hands to himself. He couldn’t even sleep without her. 'Me too,' she thought to herself.

"I know, baby. I miss you too," she replied with a sad sigh. She didn’t know where they were to go from here. How long were they supposed to stay hidden? The questions kept coming and coming. But it wasn’t her who had the answers of them.

"I can't sleep," he mumbled. She sighed closing her eyes. She couldn’t sleep too. She wanted his comforting warmth around her. His big arms holding her. And with his hot breath fanning on her neck, tickling her.