Chapter - 23 Complicated Feelings

Everyone went dead silent. Avneet and Siddharth widened their eyes. So did Abhinavi. Vibha on the other hand, held beck her grin. 'My grandson is smart.' she thought proudly. Avneet abruptly stood up. And looked down. Whereas Vansh was still grinning at her like a cheshire cat.

"Vansh! What are you saying beta?" Vaish whisper shouted at him. Vansh furrowed his eyebrows at them.

"You guys told me that you were daddy's friend before marriage." he said pouting and looking down. Vaish shook her head. She felt bad to embarrass Avneet like this. Vansh turned to Siddharth.

"Chachu, you brought me a chachi! Thank you!" he exclaimed happily.

"Vansh, she is not your chachi." Abhishek said shaking his head. Vansh's face fell down. He looked back at Avneet.

"It's okay. You'll marry chachu soon, right?" Vansh asked with those big hazel eyes just like Siddharth. She shifted on her feets awkwardly. Siddharth was too shocked to say anything. He felt his heart soaring when Vansh address her as chachi. He cleared his throat not looking at Avneet. Avneet crouched down again.

"No beta. I'm not your chachi." she said softly. Vansh looked down. His eyes glossy. Avneet's heart broke. She looked up on Vaishnavi. 'He'll be fine. Don't worry.' Vaish mouthed.

"How about you call me didi? For now?" she asked wanting to cheer Vansh up. Siddharth's eyes shot up to her. Vibha who was watching Avneet and Siddharth closely now smiled in triumph and nodded to herself.

Vansh looked up to Avneet with glossy eyes.

"Didi? For now only?" he asked tilting his head to the side. Avneet hesitantly nodded. 'I'll not visit them regularly. He'll forget about it soon.' she reassured herself. Vansh beamed up at her and threw his hands behind her neck and hugged her tightly making Avneet laugh. She hugged him back.

"Okay, chachi!...oops sorry, didi.' he said grinning at her. Avneet smiled at him before getting up. Vansh held her hand and started dragging her inside.

"C'mon cha- I mean didi. I'll give you a house tour. Chachu's room is on second floor. His room is boring..." his voice trailed off as he dragged her inside. Vaish and Vibha hurrying behind them. Avneet laughed at him seeing all excited. Siddharth shook his head looking down and smiling. Abhishek who was looking at his brother scooted closed to him and hung his hand around Sid's shoulder making him look up at him. Sid raised an eyebrow at his brother and then looked at his hand which was looped around his shoulder. Abhishek ignored his look.

"You know, Vansh seemed pretty taken with Avneet. He now wants her as his chachi. Want to do something about it?" he teased Siddharth. Siddharth rolled his eyes and started walking forward making Abhishek's hand fall from his shoulder. Abhishek laughed at his younger brother and followed him inside.

Vansh and Avneet were upstairs with Vaishnavi. Vibha came down to sit with her sons. Siddharth was sitting beside Abhishek looking bored where Abhishek was laughing at him for some reason.

"Seriously chotey? Why are you so grumpy? Loosen up a bit." he said. Siddharth gave him a side look and rolled his eyes.

"Ashu, tell me about Avneet?" Vibha asked sitting on the sit in front of them. Abhishek made himself comfortable and sat sideways looking at his brother. Siddharth raised an eyebrow at his mom.

"Why?" he asked suspiciously.

"Do I need a specific reason to know?" she asked. Siddharth nodded.

"She is Avneet Kaur Nandra. Her father is Amandeep Singh Nandra. Who is a politician. She works-" Abhishek cut him off with a groan.

"Seriously bro? Why are you telling all this? Mom meant tell about her personality, you idiot." he said rolling his eyes. Siddharth looked at his mother who was also agreeing with Abhi.