Chapter - 27 Getting Along

".....the state election is postponed to the next month due to the panic from the mass murders happening around Mumbai City. People are terrified from the brutal murders which are rapidly increasing day by day. Our Prime Minister said.......... "

Avneet didn't listen anymore. She was shocked. 'Murders? When?' she thought astonished. She looked at Siddharth who was now looking at the TV watching intently.

"Siddharth?" she called. He sighed before nodding his head.

"Yes. It is true. There is someone murdering people mercilessly. When we were in Mumbai situation was not like this. But now it looks bad." he said looking down with furrowed eyebrows. Avneet sighed.

"So that means the election...." she trailed off. Siddharth looked up at her and inhaled a deep breath before resting his back on the couch.

"Yes. It's been postponed. I knew this from earlier." he said. Avneet raised an eyebrow at him.

"How?" she asked. Siddharth smirked slightly at her.

"You misunderstand my abilities. I have my sources." he said closing his eyes. Avneet rolled her eyes at him. Then suddenly she became stiff.

"What will we do by then? We can't go back to Mumbai. And we have less than 3 weeks to end this month. And the election is at the end of next month. We can't just sit here and do nothing." she rambled hurriedly. Siddharth opened his eyes.

"You're right. We have to change our location every now and then." he said. Avneet nodded sighing.

"But I can't just sit here and do nothing Siddharth. We will go out. We have changed our identities. And we'll go somewhere crowded." she said. Siddharth pondered over her thought. 'She has a point. We can't just isolate ourselves in a hotel room. But her safety comes first.' he thought.

"No. It's risky. You can get hurt or worse kidnapped. I can't risk that." he said sternly. Avneet looked at him with a bores look. 'Oh, I know this look.' Siddharth thought being kind of scared.

"No. I'll not stay here and rot. I have you with me. It's your job to keep me safe there. And I'm not stupid. I'll not go somewhere alone. And as we're married, we can stay together anyways and it won't look suspicious." she ended with a final tone and crossed her arms on her chest. Siddharth sighed. He knew he can't win with that. 'I can take care of her. I'm her bodyguard after-all.' he thought sternly. He looked up at her.

"Only on one condition." he started. She perked up hearing him.

"You'll stay by my side. You will not leave anywhere without telling me. Even if you want to go to the washroom, you tell me. We stay together and keep you out of danger. Deal?" he asked. She nodded smiling brightly at him.

"Deal!" she exclaimed happily. Siddharth fought back a smile. 'How can she flip her moods so fast? I will never understand her.' he thought smiling inwardly.

_______________________________________

30 minutes later~

Avneet was ready and very happy. She was ready to roam over the city. This is the first time she is in Delhi. Siddharth and Avneet went outside. They didn't hire a tourist guide as it was late. They roamed around. This whole time Avneet would squeal over something. Or she would gush over little kids around. Siddharth felt his heart bursting with an emotion for her. Which made him hard to breath. He felt undeniably good with her. And he could not ignore this feeling anymore. Siddharth stayed by her side, Avneet looking around and taking in the beauty of the town where as Siddharth looking at her affectionately and taking in the beauty of her.