Chapter - 59 Upper Hand

Siddharth was crouched down behind a beaten-up car, still on his knees, keeping his eyes on the gloomy-looking building in front of him. He was breathing slowly not wanting to alert them about their presence yet.

While he was eyeing the movements of many goons here, he could not help but stress out. He felt so unsettled that he wanted to barge in and kill every single person in sight and save his woman.

'My brave girl.' he thought in pride just as his chest filled with fear and uncertainty. It was an uncanny combination. His mind was running very fast. He couldn’t stop the agitating feeling sprouting inside his stomach. He couldn’t believe how quick-witted she was. He thought back to how she managed to plan everything smartly.

Flashback ~

Avneet's knees wobbled and she dropped to the bed feeling scared and conflicted. 'They want both me and my brother.' she thought gulping harshly. Her hands trembled as she saw the address. It was a private building which has been abounded for a long time. Her eyes misted up knowing she had no way out.

In midst of hopelessness and dreadful thoughts, a plan hit her mind. Hope bloomed inside her chest. It was risky. Very risky. But she had to take the risk for the safety of her brother and Reem. With a shaky exhale, she opened her contacts and dialled Siddharth's emergency number. 'Please pick up. Please pick up.' she prayed with her heart beating in her throat.

Her whole frame relaxed when he picked up the call instantly. 'Time to try out my acting skills.' she thought cringing internally. Without letting him have the chance to say hello she started talking.

"What am I supposed to do? That man. I don’t know him. He wants me to go to Dreamsville house on the main street west. I can't even tell Siddharth. They have the house wired." She mumbled out to nobody as if she was in a trance. Hopelessness was clear in her voice. Her hands shook in fright.

Siddharth froze as soon as she started talking. He fisted his palms tightly but didn’t let his face show anything as he listened to what she was saying standing beside the kitchen counter.

" I have to leave in 50 minutes. I hope Siddharth isn’t nearby when I walk out." she croaked out with tears in her eyes and ended the call hoping Siddharth had understood her plan. She slowly walked to the side table and grabbed a revolver. She wrapped the holder around her waist and loaded the gun. She hid it well with her clothes mentally praying no one notices it.

Siddharth understood what she was up to. He didn’t want her to risk herself like this but he didn’t have any other options. His own house was wired. They were monitoring their every movement. 'I'm going to play along.' he thought staring at his emergency phone. He immediately opened the message bar and started informing General about his plan.

Without changing her broken facial expression she sneaked out the tiny little voice recorder which was present inside the drawer. Siddharth told her how to use it a while ago. As she pretended to fix her clothes, she attached the device to her shirt and clicked it on.

Siddharth's phone dinged. He immediately recognised the notification sound. Without letting his expression change, he checked the message.

'Voice recorder activated.' it said. He wanted to grin so hard. 'My girl is so fucking smart.' he thought feeling extremely proud of her but continued to keep a neutral expression.

Avneet continued her acting and slowly walked out of the house. Siddharth had heard her footsteps from the kitchen. She wasn’t really trying to sneak away. It was more like 'I'm going there, get me asap if you wanna avoid getting killed by me'. And with that Avneet slammed the door shut.