Chapter - 25 Into The Unknown

"Siddharth you'll be Mr. Samar Malhotra. Miss Avneet will be Mrs. Shravya Malhotra." Mr. Mehta said shocking them both. It was 10 in the morning. Everyone was in the study. It was the safest place in the house.

"Before you ask why I have given them married people's names, I'll like to clear that it is for her own safety." Mr. Mehta said looking at Aman. Who was not pleased with this.

"How does it make her safe?" Aman asked raising an eyebrow. She was his daughter. He was possessive of her.

"In front of the world they are a couple, as we've seen from the news. And they are leaving town. How do you explain to the society about them wandering together without a proper 'tag'? Though they'll be changing names but we should never be less prepared." he said. Aman stiffly nodded. This man had a point. She will be questioned by others if they're not related to eachother somehow. He sighed.

"Fine. Her safety matters most." he said looking at his daughter with a sad smile. He felt guilty. He didn't want his family to face such danger.

Avneet did not expect this. She was surprised. They'll have to act like married people? The thought made her heart jump. She didn't know how to feel about that. Siddharth was also surprised. He knew it was for betterment. But he couldn't help but feel weirdly satisfied. It unsettled him.
Jai was smiling smugly at his sister. 'Looks like even God wants them to end up together.' he thought laughing inwardly. He smirked remembering something.

It was after their plan was made. Aman and Sonia went to sleep leaving the four alone here. Jai was thirsty. He went to the kitchen to have some water. Vishal followed him as usual. He was tired and sleepy. Suddenly he remembered that he forgot his phone in the study. He groaned and dragged himself there. The door was ajar. He slowly opened it and stopped in his tracks.

Avneet sitting down on the chair and Siddharth crouched down in front of her. Holding her hands stroking her fingers softly. Jai stared wide eyed at the scene before him.

(Kinda like this)

(Kinda like this)

"Are you okay?" Siddharth asked softly. Avneet nodded sighing.

"Yeah. Better than before." she replied looking at his eyes. The burning feeling on her hand making her nervous. The sparks increasing day by day. Siddharth nodded.

"Did that ever happened before?" he asked referring to the panic attack. She shook her head. He sighed out of relief.

"Okay. Let's get you to your room." he said standing up. Her hand slipping from his hold. His hands itched to grab it back but he resisted. Jai felt himself smirk at them. He didn't know what they were talking about. Though he was slightly worried but he felt more happy to know that there was someone looking after her.

"Mr. Jai you'll be Darsh Singhania and Vishal you'll be Dhruv Singhania. Yoi guys are brothers. So it will be less suspicious." Mr. Mehta said breaking his chain of thoughts. Jai nodded in confirmation. He handed them their cards. After that he took his leave and went away.

"Siddharth, come to my study for a minute." he said. Siddharth nodded. He looked at Vishal who understood what he wanted to say. He nodded his head at him and stood behind both Avneet and Jai. Siddharth nodded back and followed Aman.

"What are you going to do about transportation?" Aman asked him.

"Don't worry, sir. I've got it under control." he replied confidently. Aman nodded. He trusted him. He reached for his pocks and took out something. Siddharth's eyes followed his movements. Aman handed him a card. Siddharth furrowed his eyebrows at him.

"This is for your living. Avneet would never take it from me. She is too prideful for that." he laughed slightly.

"Take this with you. Hide yourself well." he said. He looked vulnerable. Siddharth nodded.

"We will. Don't worry. I'll keep your daughter safe." he said confidently looking straight into Aman's eyes. Aman sighed and nodded.

_______________________________________

They had to leave in evening. Avneet and Siddharth decided they will go to New Delhi. Jai and Vishal will go to Indore. Aman and Sonia were not going to their safe house today. It would be too suspicious. They'll go a few days later.

Avneet didn't have anything to pack. She was sitting in the garden on the back yard. Siddharth was standing few feel behind her. Giving her space. He knew she was sad. This whole situation was taking a toll on her. He wanted to take all her stress away. But he was helpless.

"You can sit here you know." Avneet said softly not looking at him. He sighed and went to sit beside her.

"How are you holding up?" he asked in concern. His plan to ignore her was out of the window. He can't and won't do that. She was in stress already he can't add anymore. Plus he needs concentration in this case which won't come to him if his mind is flooded with her thoughts.

She looked at him. She was happy that he was talking with her again. She knew something bothered him. And she didn't want him to shut her off again. So didn't ask him anything about that. She nodded trying to smile.

"Good. It's just.....a lot to take in. Lots of changes." she said sighing. He gulped nodding.

"You can talk to me if it's too much too handle." he said. She looked at him and smiled genuinely at him. Which made him smile back at her.

"Thank you." she said. Her eyes speaking louder than herself. It made him breathless. He looked away. He needed to breath which was impossible within her gaze.

"It's nothing." he replied. Avneet stood up after sometime.

"Let's go inside." she said looking down on him. He nodded and stood up. They walked back to the house.

_______________________________________

"I'll miss you muskaan." Sonia weeped hugging her. Avneet's eyes moistened. She forced herself not to cry. She got out of the hug.

"C'mon mom. I'm not going forever. We'll be in touch." she said smiling at her. Sonia held her hands tightly as if she would vanish if she let go. Aman came behind Sonia. He placed his hand on her back. Her grip loosened. Aman looked at his daughter.

"Be safe. We'll miss you two." he said hugging her. His voice trembling at the end. A stray tear slipped from her eye. She quickly wiped it with the back of her hand.

"We'll be back soon. Kick their asses, dad." she said with a laugh. Aman, Sonia and Jai laughed. Siddharth smiled at her. 'Trying to make others happy when you're in pain yourself.' he thought sadly. He was proud of her. She was so strong.

They bid byes to Jai and went to their cars. It was not their own cars. Avneet furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"It is from agency. For safety purposes." Siddharth said clearing her confusion. They sat inside. Aman and Sonia standing at their balcony. They didn't want to risk their plan. Avneet waved at them they too waved back. And with that they started their journey to their destination.

Hey guys!
Here is chapter twenty five. Hope you'll like it.

It's a short chapter but it was needed. 😅

Well, I'm excited for their journey. Are you?

Aw, they had a moment. Thank you Jai for not interrupting.🤧

Did you like the flashback? 😉

What do you think will happen next?

Stay tuned to know more!👻

Please vote, share and comment🤗

Love ya'll ❤️

-Isa