Chapter - 31 Determined

They stopped at Jaipur. It was a short journey. Through this whole journey, Avneet sat silently in her seat. It was pretty late when he decided to stop at a hotel. Avneet had dozed off to sleep an hour ago. After parking the car he turned to her. Her head leaning on the window. She looked so angelic that he halted for a moment to take in her beauty.

"Avneet" he called softly. She woke up with a jerk. She looked at him with sleepy eyes. Then she looked outside with furrowed eyebrows.

"Where are we?" She asked with a hoarse voice from the sleep which made Siddharth shuffle in his seat.

"Jaipur. We'll stay in this hotel for a few days." He said clearing his voice and looking straight ahead. Avneet's gaze fell on her lap. She has hurt yet again.

" Okay." She said and got out of the car. He followed behind. He got their luggage from the boot while Avneet stood patiently behind him. Both took their bags and went inside.

"I would like to book a room in the name of Samar Malhotra," Siddharth told the receptionist.

"How many beds sir?" The receptionist asked. He opened his mouth to answer him.

"Two separate bedrooms please," Avneet told Siddharth in a quiet voice. Siddharth snapped his head towards her. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Please" she requested lowly with a pained voice. Siddharth dropped his gaze and sighed.

"Two bedrooms." He said turning back to the receptionist who was awkwardly sitting in his seat. That guy knew something was up with them. He quickly nodded and typed in his computer. He took a key and gave it to them.

"Enjoy your stay here." He said cheerfully. Siddharth nodded with a blank expression whereas Avneet forced a smile at him. They both took off to their new room 708.

This time Avneet didn't explore the room. She just took her bag and went to the nearest room mumbling a faint 'goodnight'. Siddharth figured she was really tired. So, he didn't push her at anything. But on the inside, his heart was hurting painfully. He wanted her to smile like before. She was so silent. As if she was in pain. Her face void of any emotions. Those beautiful eyes which held so much warmth in them now held sadness. This twisted his guts.

He now sits in the bedroom beside hers. His breathing ragged with the painful tugging in his heart. 'This is getting worse. I can't see her like this. It hurts.' He thought closing his eyes and taking a few deep breaths. He showered and laid down on the bed. He closed his eyes with a sigh. He wanted to see her. To hold her. To whisper sweet nothings in her ear while hugging her to his chest near his heart. 'Ignoring these feelings is harder than I thought.' He thought with an aching heart. He thought with a heavy heart before drifting off to sleep with a small smile on his face. Why? Because she showed up on his dreams to make his sleep thousand times better.

Avneet went to her room with an aching heart. She locked her room and took out her nightdress from her bag. Her heart-hurting badly. She took a shower hoping to ease her mind. After taking a long shower she left her hair to dry on air. She got out of the bathroom and went to her balcony. 'He doesn't talk to me like before. He hates me.' She thought. Tears forming in her eyes. Her mind is full of jumbled thoughts. 'Why does it hurt so much?' She thought angrily wiping her tears.

"Because you love me," Siddharth said from beside her. She jumped from the suddenness and whipped her head towards him.

"W-what are doing over here?" She stammered. Siddharth smiled down at her with hands tucked in his pocket.

"You love me, don't you?" He asked with a teasing smile. Avneet's heart skipped a beat registering his words. Her eyes widen and her cheeks turned pink.