Chapter - 11 The Talk

Avneet could feel the headache before opening her eyes the next morning. She groaned and rolled to the side of her bed. It felt like someone was hammering inside her head. Her whole body felt sweaty. Suddenly everything that happened last night came shooting inside her head. She groaned again. 'Shit. Yesterday's nightmare was bad. It wasn't like this before. Oh crap! Siddharth had seen me like that! Now what should I do?' she panicked sitting up. Her eyes widen looking at her door. 'What the hell?! How did it- oh I locked it yesterday. Oh my god! He broke my door!' she was shocked. 'What am I going to say? He definitely is going ask me about yesterday. Ugh. What wil- oh yes! I'll behave like nothing ever happened. Just like I've forgotten about the nightmare.' she thought and looked at her side to reach her phone. She noticed aspirin and a glass of water kept there. She frowned. 'Did he-' she widened her eyes thinking. She couldn't help but smile at the thoughtfulness of him. Her heart again picked up it's pace. 'He keeps surprising me. Gosh! He is so confusing. It's actually irritating.' she sighed and got out from her bed. She went to washroom did her daily deeds including shower. She got dressed comfortably and took a deep breath.
"Okay Avneet, you can do this. You just have to act like nothing happened." she said to herself before smiling brightly. Too brightly and descended downstairs.

Siddharth looked up hearing footsteps. He knew Avneet was coming. He had already made breakfast for both of them and was waiting for her. Yes, they had their meals together. By looking at her face he knew she was upto something but kept his mouth shut. Avneet approached to him.

"Good morning." she chirped. 'Oh, so we are playing this game. Interesting.' he smirked inwardly. He knew she was trying to avoid 'the talk' about yesterday. He mentally rolled his eyes.
'What a child.' he snickered mentally.

"Morning." was his short reply.

"You made breakfast for us again. How many times do I have to tell you to wait for me. I could have helped." she glared at him. He didn't want to argue. This little spitfire couldn't be defeated in an argument easily. So he shrugged and gestured her to the table. She rolled her eyes and obliged.

Both of them ate their breakfast silently. Avneet was stressed. She knew he wanted to ask her about yesterday. But she didn't want to go to a psychiatrist. It will cause unnecessary drama at her parents house. And she was not ready for that.

Siddharth waited patiently for her to finish her breakfast. After some time she was done eating.

"I wanted to ask you about yesterday." he said bluntly. He didn't know how to approach slowly. They never thought him. She froze.

"What are yo-" Siddharth cut her sentence in the middle.

"You know very well what I am talking about. The nightmare. Start talking." he said looking straight into her eyes. Her blood boiled in anger.

"You can't force me into telling you things!" she said gritting her teeth. Siddharth was not expecting her to be so angry. But he didn't let it show on his face. He sighed.

"Look Avneet. I mean no harm, okay? It seemed pretty bad. You were crying and shaking in your sleep. It wasn't normal." he said calmly. Avneet took deep breaths.

"It is not a big deal. It will go away soon." she said acting unfazed. But Siddharth could look straight through her lie. She was fiddling with her fingers. Ans couldn't make eye contact. It was obvious she was lying. He exhaled.

"Low long has this been going on?" he asked her.

"Since the incident." she replied nonchalantly. He nodded.

"How often does it happen?" he asked. She gulped not looking into his eyes.

"Um... e-everynight." she mumbled. He burrowed his eyebrows in concern.

"Did you inform this to anyone? Your doctor or family?" he asked her. She shook her head fast.

"Heck no. Are you mad? My parents will get worried sick if they got to know about this." she said shaking her head. 'She didn't tell about her nightmares to anyone because her parents will get worried? Does that mean she couldn't sleep properly?' he asked to himself. He was feeling weird again. 'She is stupid to think like that. How will risking her health do any good to her parents? If her health gets worse then they're going to worry.' he thought before shaking his head.

"Avneet think logically. You don't want your parents to worry but you aren't getting to sleep properly. And it is not healthy for you. You want to get your arm fixed, right?" he said slowly. As if talking slowly will knock some sense to her head. She sighed.

"I-I just....don't want them to worry over me anymore. They are having enough problems. I just,-" she said looking sad. Siddharth nodded. He could understand what she was trying to say. 'This girl never fails to amaze me ' he smiled inwardly.

"I can understand. You don't need to make them worry over you. I've a friend. She is a psychiatrist. I think she can help you." he said. He was not sure why he suggested that. Mixing his personal life with professional life was never his thing. But he wanted to help her. Avneet widened her eyes. Siddharth understood her expression.

"Don't worry. She is good at her job. And I won't tell Mr. Nandra about this." he said reassuringly. She visibly relaxed.

"Are you sure about this? I mean- it could be-" he cut her sentence in-between.

"Yes, I'm sure. Do you want me to book an appointment for you?" he asked.

"What? Now?" she asked widening her eyes. 'She is adorable.' he thought. His lips turned upwards sightly.

"The sooner the better. Don't you think so?" he asked smiling. Why did he smile at her? He didn't know. Her breathing stopped. 'Oh damn! He looks good smiling.' she thought before shaking her head. She nodded at him smiling genuinely. He took a deep breath. He didn't expect her to smile at him too.

"What is her name?" she asked. He was already typing on him phone. He looked at her.

"Jannat. Jannat Zubair Rehmani." he said.

Hey guys!
Here is chapter eleven. I hope you like it.

Did you like the conversation? Oh damn! Siddharth smiled at her!

What do you think about Jannat?

Will she be able to help Avneet?

Is she a good company of Siddharth?

Stay tuned to know more!👻

Please vote, share and comment 🤗

Love ya'll ❤️

-Isa