Chapter - 57 Into Lion's Den

Here is your Christmas gift. Enjoy!

-Author <3
_______________________________________

The world around her spun. She staggered losing her balance. Siddharth held her tightly and pulled her to his chest immediately.

"W-what?" she asked meekly. Her eyes were misted with tears. A hollow pit was growing in her stomach. She gulped wanting to push back her tears.

"You’re joking, right? Please tell me you're joking." she pleaded looking up at him with a slight hope of this being a joke. Siddharth's face crumbled into a pained look.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart," he said with a worry laced voice. And with that, her little piece of hope died. Her body shook as tears stumbled their way out of her eyes. Her heart broke for her brother. They were just here, with her some time ago and now no one knows where they are. She buried her face in his shirt trying to cease the sobbing that won’t stop.

It was really painful for Siddharth to watch her break down. He held her tightly, rubbing her back comfortingly but he knew it wasn’t enough. He needed to know what happened. He wanted to end this game of hide and seek once and for all.

Siddharth didn’t let her go once. He picked her up and took her to his room. They sat there with him comforting her silently. He held her till she fell asleep. It hurt him seeing her tear-stained cheeks. He wiped her tears slowly and kissed her forehead. He silently promised her to make everything better. He gently placed her on his pillow and walked out of the room thinking of new plans to end this.

It was late when Avneet woke up. Her head hurt from crying too much. She lazily sat up wondering where Siddharth was when she remembered what happened before. Her eyes filled up but she refrained from crying. She won’t be weak. She will find them.

It was 6 pm. She went to the washroom and splashed cold water repeatedly on her face. She took deep breaths to clear her head. She walked out determined to face the reality when her phone rang. Her eyebrows furrowed seeing the private number and chose not to answer. 'I have more pressing matters to attend.' she thought as she watched the ring dying down. As soon as she took another step, the phone rang again. Irritated, she received the call.

"Took you long enough, miss Kaur," an unknown voice gruffed out.

"Who is this?" she asked sounding irritated but she had a feeling the caller wasn’t bearing good news.

"Now now, miss, you would talk more nicely to the abductor of your brother, wouldn’t you?" the man mused sounding entertained. Avneet paled. Dread filled her stomach as she clutched her phone tightly.

"Who are you? Why have you kidnapped my brother and my friend?" she threw questions in a rush.

"Now you're talking. Well, it wouldn’t be fun if I tell you everything on the phone now." the man said smugly. Avneet could feel a cold shiver running down her spine.

"W-what do you mean?" She asked in a wavering tone. She knew what he was intending but wanted to hear it for confirmation.

"Well, miss Kaur, I've sent you an address from this number. You will come to this address in an hour. If not, we'll be forced to add more bruises on our guest's body and it hurts my heart to treat my guests like this." the man said with mock sadnesses. Avneet clenched her fists tightly.

  "And don’t try to tell anyone about our productive talk, miss. Remember, we have our eyes on you." the man said. His voice now turning serious. He cut the call immediately.