Chapter - 5 Doctor's Appointment

Avneet's forehead was healed. Her legs were also looking better. But if you look closely you can see few scars. But her hand was still on a sling. It didn't hurt like before but it still hurt if she tried to do something.

Today was her doctor's appointment. At 10 am. Her alarm rang. She groaned.

"Shut up." she mumbled. It was blaring. She tried to find her phone to shut it up. She stopped her alarm. She tried sleeping again but it was long gone. She sighed. It was 8.30am. She sat up. Eyes still closed. Rubbing her eyes with one hand she got out of her bed. She went to washroom and splashed cold water on her face to make the remaining sleepiness go away. And it worked. She brushed her teeth and did her daily deeds and went to take a shower.

After taking her shower. She dressed up. She didn't like makeup so left her face bare. Her stomach was growling by now. She made her way downstairs to grab some breakfast. But not before taking her medicines. She was halfway down there when she spotted her brother and father talking seriously about something. She rolled her eyes at them. 'It's 9am and they already started talking business. Dumb men.' she thought to herself and grabbed some pancakes and made a cup of coffee for herself. It wasn't very difficult with one hand.

She finished her breakfast and started walking towards main door.
"I'm going to the hospital. I'll be back soon." she told to particularly no one.

"Hey! He is coming in a few minutes. Wait for him atleast?" Jai asked her sister looking amused. She knew. Her so called bodyguard was coming today at 10 am. But she had her appointment. She was always punctual and today can't make any difference in that.

"I can't be late. See you later." she replied. Jai shook his head so did Aman who was listening his children's conversation. She left.

Apparently Siddharth was recently given vacation. And it finished yesterday. And today he was appointed by Mr. Amandeep Singh Nandra.

Avneet talked with her doctor. He said she was improving. It'll take 2 weeks to heal her hand completely. She was to take healthy foods. And her medicines regularly.

"And that's it. After two weeks you'll be good as new!" her doctor said happily. Avneet shook her head smiling. 'He is cute.' she thought.

"Thank you doctor. Mehra." she said. His name was Rohan Mehra. He was young and handsome. He was just the type of boy Avneet would like to date.

"Rohan." he said.

"Sorry?" she asked confused.

"Please call me Rohan. You don't need to be so formal with me Avneet" he said with a smile.

"Oh, o-okay." Avneet was a little flustered. She didn't expect her doctor to say that. Her cheeks turned a little pink. He noticed. He grinned at her cuteness.

"If you don't mine me asking, can I please have your number?" he asked hopefully. He was taking a risk. She could yell at him for hitting on her but he wanted to try at least. Avneet's eyes widened a bit.

"Uh s-sure." she replied. 'Rabba, I'm really bad at this.' she thought. She gave him her number. He smiled at her. He was relieved. She was cute.

"Uh I-I'll go now." she said.

"Sure. Take care, Avneet." Rohan told her. She nodded.

"You too." with that she turned of her heels. When she was out of his chamber she drew out her breath she didn't realise she wad holding back. Her heart was beating a bit fast. She quickly got to the parking lot and went towards her car. The driver opened the backdoor for her. She went inside.

She was looking outside her window. She saw little kids playing together. She smiled at them. Kids was her weakness and happiness. She loved these little humans. Wind blew on her hair. She felt so alive. Rohan was long forgotten.

When she reached home no one was there in the living room. 'Where is everyone?' she asked to herself. She shook her head and went towards the staircase. Her room was on the second floor. She was humming a song. When she was about to step on the stair-

"Miss Avneet?" someone called from behind.

Hey guys!
Here is chapter five. I'm trying my best to update fast. Hope you like it.

What do you think about Rohan and Avneet's little conversation?

Who do you think called Avneet from behind?

Stay tuned to know more!👻

I wanted to say something to my fellow sidneetians. I'm not getting any response from you all.
Do you not like this story? 😟

Please vote, share and comment. I'm new to this. Can you guys please help me reaching out for more sidneetians?

Thank you for reading. ❤️

Love ya'll 🥀

-Isa