Chapter - 65 Big Decisions

Belated Eid Mubarak everyone! May Allah bless you with all the happiness.
Xx

-Author<3

______________________________________________

~1 week later~

It was difficult. And tense. The atmosphere was thick was anticipation. They were in the courtroom for the hearing. Siddharth, Avneet and her family were present. Siddharth wanted to but couldn’t sit with them. He sat patiently at the side. Carefully watching over his girlfriend slash unofficial fiance.

Avneet was jittery. She wrung her fingers nervously but somehow managed to keep a calm and collected facade. But Siddharth knew better. He wanted to pull her aside and hide her away from the judging eyes of many people present there.

Avneet her mother sat between her father and brother. They watched patiently as Verma's lawyer tried his best to defend him. Shashank didn’t get rid of the scowl on his face and kept glaring at the Nandras'.

Mr Aman had hired the best lawyer who strategically cornered Shashank. The judge observed patiently and when the time was up, he gave them a short break of half an hour.

Avneet was more than ready to leave the room. She excused herself to go to the restroom. Siddharth followed her quickly, avoiding public eyes.

Avneet was feeling severely uncomfortable inside. Politics were not her thing. It made her uneasy. Her brother, who was a lawyer, managed to stay stoic for more than an hour in the room. Which was unbelievable to her. And she felt weird from the persistent gazes of many people.

She sped walked towards the restroom, keeping her head low. Trying her best to curtain her face with her hair and avoid the cameras.

As she walked, someone suddenly grabbed her arm and pulled her to an empty hallway before she could shout. Her heart leapt out from the shock but it calmed as soon as her eyes fell on the familiar warm hazel brown eyes.

"Hey," he said, smiling.

"Hey yourself. Is this how it's going to be?" she asked, annoyed. This guy walked on air. She didn’t even hear any footsteps. When he gave her a confused look she narrowed her eyes at him.

You sneaking up on me till I have a heart attack," she finished, crossing her hands over her chest and huffed. She was already feeling on the edge.

"Sorry," he chuckled, pulling her to his chest and hugged her. She sighed and leaned into him, closing her eyes. She wanted to be like this forever but they were out in public and the nagging reports were just around the corner.

"You okay, sweetheart?" he asked cupping her cheek with one hand as soon as she pulled away. She shrugged.

"I know it’s hard, baby. But I also know that you can do this. Those fuckers are going get out of your life for good," he said with a comforting smile. She smiled back.

He could see the scared look in her eyes which made his heart clench. Siddharth had confessed whatever happened that day to Avneet the next morning.

She was so shocked which turned into sadness real quick. Siddharth hated seeing her sad. He had pulled her to him and held her as she cried softly.

No girl deserved it. She didn’t even imagine that those people would go that far for her. It was sick. She was shivering from disgust and anger by the time her crying stopped.

Siddharth had assured her that he was able to find more dirt on them with the help of Michael.

She seemed interested in Michael which both relieved him as her mood lightened and annoyed him because he became jealous. It was stupid but he couldn’t help it.