Chapter - 33 Can We Talk?

Siddharth was excited and nervous. It was a weird mix. He never felt like this. As he was always confident in everything. Now he wanted to take her to few places. 'Hopefully, I'll able to make her happy. Even if it's the slightest bit of amount it would make me happy too.' He thought while looking at Avneet who was busy eating her waffles. Her cheeks would puff out whenever she would chew on it. He sipped his coffee while gazing at her dreamily.

After few minutes, Avneet finished her food whereas he was sitting silently capturing her every movement with his eyes. Both went to the counter and he was quick to give his card before her.

"My treat," he said grinning down at a frowning Avneet. She nodded her head without looking at him. He hid his disappointment with a small smile and faced the girl behind the counter who handed him his card. He pocketed it and turned his head to her.

"Let's go," he said smiling excitedly. She silently followed him. She was curious about this whole exploring planned by him. 'Where is he taking me?' She asked herself as he ushered her to get on a taxi.

"No, don't turn on the AC," Siddharth told the driver as he knew that she loved the natural wind. She didn't say anything just dropped her gaze to her lap. 'Him being considerate isn't helping my situation. I know he is doing all this because he feels pity for me.' She thought looking at the view outside. She can't let her heart fall for him even more than it already has.

Siddharth was feeling anxious. She was close to him but seemed so distant. His heart broke seeing her like this. He saw her getting lost in her thoughts. 'That man broke her. I would've murdered him if she didn't convince him that time.' He thought angrily clenching his fist firmly. He was angry and sad. He wanted to kill that bastard. 'I'll try my best today to bring her back to her old self. God! Help me with this please.' He prayed internally.

"We've reached, sir." The driver announced after half an hour. Siddharth handed him the money and got out. He opened the door for Avneet who was still sitting in the taxi. She noticed it was a crowded place. Many unknown people roaming around.

"Where are we?" She wondered out aloud.

"Hawa Mahal." He replied after entering there. She gaped looking at the view. Siddharth felt proud of himself. She looked around in wonder. It was a beautiful place. Siddharth was admiring her.

"Come with me," Siddharth said softly. Avneet finally looked at him and her smile faded slightly. She nodded wanting to see more of the place.

Both started walking. Siddharth noticed a crowd at a distance from them. He immediately held her hand. Avneet felt relieved as he held her hand. She was afraid if she continued to enjoy the view, she would most probably get lost. He took her to slightly higher ground. She gasped seeing the view. She was astonished. Siddharth sneakily clicked some pictures of her from his phone.

(Guys, I'm not Indian. I don't know if there it's allowed to the tourists to go to the higher grounds on Hawa Mahal. 😅)

Both roamed around for a few hours. Though they didn't talk much. But Siddharth tried his best. He told her some history related to this place. She listened to him attentively. Soon it was lunchtime.

"I know a good restaurant nearby. I had good reviews as far as I got to know from last night's research." He said thoughtfully. Listening about food Avneet's stomach grumbled. She widened her eyes and her cheeks reddened from embarrassment.

"You don't need to feel embarrassed. My stomach is also demanding food from last half an hour." Siddharth joked rolling his eyes playfully. Avneet composed herself.