Chapter - 6 Going Home

She took her step back and turned backwards.

"Yes, Ms. Nancy?" Avneet asked. Nancy was their maid. Avneet didn't like to address her disrespectfully. She always treated her like an important person.

"Saheb ne aapko study mein bulaya hain." said Nancy. (Sir asked you to go to the study.)

(Sorry guys hindi is not my first language)

"Oh, okay. Thank you." Avneet told her politely. Nancy bowed her head at her. Avneet sighed. No matter how many times she told Nancy not to bow at her, she won't listen. Avneet started to walk to their study. She knocked on the door.

"Come in." Aman said. She opened the door and peeked inside. Her dad and Jai was facing her behind the table. But her eyes were on the man sitting opposite to them. His back was facing her. He wore a fitting black suit. His shoulders were broad. He had jet black hair. She slowly went inside. She was curious. 'Is this my bodyguard?' she asked herself. She straightened herself and walked confidently to her dad. She knew they were on business mode by looking at their face. 'Show time.' she thought smirking inwardly. Her heels clicking on the white tiles. Jai had noticed his sister's silent ogling at Siddharth. He somehow stopped himself from laughing.

"You called me, dad?" she asked. Her tone professional. Just like the rest of them. Sonia was not in here. Avneet still didn't look at his (Siddharth's) face. She didn't see him in the picture. She was least interested in that.

" Yes. This is Siddharth. Your personal bodyguard." her father confirmed. She turned to look at him. Jai was watching her. She looked into his eyes and almost gasped. 'His eyes are beautiful.' she thought. He was handsome. Very handsome. His jawlines were prominent. His muscles were showing how hard he worked out. But most importantly, he had striking hazel eyes. He stood up. She realised he was tall. Very tall from her. She needed to strain her neck to look at him in the eyes. And she came out of her trance. She mentally slapped herself in the face for almost ogling at her bodyguard. He forwarded his hand towards her.

"Siddharth Nigam." his cold eyes bore into her. She shook his hand in a firm grip. His big hand swallowing her small delicate hand.

"Avneet kaur." she also said in strong voice. They left their hands. She felt like it was burning. She ignored it. His eyes still on her face. Then they dropped on her right hand which was fractured. He nodded slowly and turned towards his boss.

"I'll start from now on." he said. Aman nodded. Avneet's eyes were wide. 'Right now?!' she shouted in her mind. And in the next moment Aman started smiling.

"You're a very dedicated young man. I give you my daughter's responsibility. Keep her safe." Aman patted his shoulder. Avneet's eyebrows shot up. 'Wait, that sounded wrong. Like he was on my bidai or something.' she almost shivered. Jai also got the hint looking at Avneet's face. He just laughed silently. He shook his head. 'Looks like my sister finally got a man.' he thought grinning ear to ear. Avneet saw Jai grinning like an idiot. She glared at him. He immediately shut his mouth. Siddharth nodded his head at Aman. Agreeing without saying anything. Avneet took deep breaths. Calming herself.

"I'll go pack my bags." She said catching everyone's attention. Siddharth's eyes on her face yet again. Aman nodded slightly sighing.
Aman had sent some of his men with Avneet at her house the next day after she came here despite his orders to take rest. She had packed her bag for her temporary departure while the trained men were guarding the house.

She turned on her heels going towards the door. Siddharth also following her. He was on duty. Jai shook his head smiling.

Avneet knew he was following her. She gritted her teeth. She was mad. She couldn't help but feel angry. Not on him. But on the situation. She didn't like the fact that she had to depend on him for her OWN protection. It left a bad taste in her mouth. She wasn't used to it. She was so lost in her thoughts that she suddenly missed a stair. She squealed closing her eyes waiting to feel the pain. But she didn't feel any.

Two strong arms gripped her waist. Tingles, sparks flew from the touch. She didn't fall on the ground. Her back was pressed on his chest. She could feel all the muscles on his chest. She almost shivered from the contact. He was practically holding all of her weight as she lost her balance. She could feel the burning sensation again on the place he touched her. Both frozen on their position. She opened her eyes looking straight forward. His tall height still towering over her 5'2" frame. She slowly got up balancing again and standing straight. His hands slipping from her waist. The tingles and sparks stopped flowing on her system at the same time. She could still feel the burning. Which was fading slowly. She exhaled shakily. She turned her face to the side he was on.

"Thank you." she said. Her voice not very much loud than a whisper. But he heard her. He slowly nodded his head gulping. She didn't see him nod. She thought he didn't reply to her thanks. It was plain rude to her. And with that she broke out of whatever trance she was in and started speedily walking again. Which broke his trance too. He shook his head and started following her. 'Feisty.' he though rolling his eyes.

Character Aesthetic;

Hey guys! Here is another chapter for you

Hey guys!
Here is another chapter for you. Hope you like it.

Here is our hero's entry!😉

What do you feel about this chapter?

How do you feel about Siddharth?

Stay tuned to know more!❤️

Please vote, share and comment everyone. Your one vote motivates us. If you like this story then please click the star button. And comment. As the author I want to know your opinions too. I hope you understand. 🙂

Love ya'll ❤️

-Isa