Chapter - 16 The Ball (Two)

Avneet turned towards the person and her eyes widen.

"Bhavesh?" she asked grinning from ear to ear. Siddharth was looking back and forth between these two. Bhavesh came forward and Avneet practically ran to him and engulfed him in a hug. Siddharth's eyes widen at the sight. He restrained himself from going there. 'I need to clear my head.' he huffed. But he couldn't let her out of his sight. He noticed Vishal. He exhaled and went towards him.

"Vishal, can you do me a favour?" he asked. Vishal's eyes widen. The Siddharth Nigam was talking to him. That too he wanted his favour. 'He needs my help?!' he thought to himslf. He hesitantly nodded his head.

"Yes, sir?" he asked. Jai was looking at Siddharth. He was studying him. Jai is a student of law. He was good enough to read people. He saw Siddharth looking at her sister and sigh.

"I have something to do. Can you look over Avneet? I'm going to return in a minute." he asked. Siddharth felt the need of air. He was knew it was a stupid excuse but he couldn't let his mind divert. The enemy was here. Anything could happen. He rushed to the bar and order a drink. Without alcohol. He was drinking and saw something that caught his attention. Shashank Verma along with his son was approaching Mr and Mrs Nandra. He knew they were upto something. So, he moved into action.

He slyly moved towards them. Keeping his back to the Vermas yet standing close to them. He signed Mr and Mrs Nandra not to react and went behind them to look into the faces of Vermas. If they were upto something then they would throw a hint subconsciously somehow. He knew that is the trait of overconfident people. Siddharth was casually drinking and waited for them to start a conversation.

"Ah, Aman! How are you my friend?!" Shashank said smiling wide. Siddharth watched intently. The Vermas didn't even notice Siddharth. Aman was a smart man. He nodded his head.

"I'm good. How are you?" he said not giving and sort of hint that he suspected them for the attack. Shashank smiled widely and replied.

"Good. Real good. But the party seems kind of boring. Don't you think?" he said with a slight smirk. His son Reyansh was smiling smugly. Shashank's eyes glinted evilly. Aman furrowed his eyebrows acting as if he couldn't figure out anything. But Siddharth saw him gripping his hands into a fist behind his back. Siddharth knew they were up to something. He could feel it in his bones.

"What do you mean? Everyone is enjoying themselves." Aman replied acting clueless. Shashank shook his head at him and glanced at his watch.

"You'll see, Aman. You'll see soon." he said. And he confirmed it. Reyansh nudged his father and his eyes snapped to his watch again.

"Ah, I'm heading out. Have fun, Aman." he said smirking lightly and turned to the gates. Aman looked at Siddharth and nodded. Aman was not stupid. He came prepared for himself. Now he needed his children safe. Siddharth got the hint and started walking towards Avneet. His heart beating fast. 'I'm going to protect you Avneet.' he promised to himself and continued his walk keeping a straight face.

Meanwhile with Avneet :

"How are you?!" Bhavesh asked her. She smiled looking at her old friend. Bhavesh's father is an ally to her father. She knew Bhavesh because of her father. They were good friends. But as Avneet detached herself from her father's world they got separated.

"I'm good. And what about you? And how is Roshini?" she asked him. He smiled. Roshni and Bhavesh were in a relationship. They are together from a long time. Avneet adored them.

"I'm good. And she is fine too." he replied. Avneet looked here and there.

"Where is she?" she asked. He sighed.