Chapter - 14 Shopping

Avneet choked on air and sat up straight.

"My what?!" She asked. Eyes widening. Her cheeks turned light pink. Siddharth couldn't help but laugh at her expression. Avneet narrowed her eyes at him. He shook his head smiling. 'God! Can this girl not be this much adorable?' he thought before dismissing the thought from his head immediately. He sighed.

"I'm your bodyguard. How do you expect me to stay close to you if I'm not your date?" he asked. She exhaled loudly.

"I've never brought a date in such parties. Have you thought about those blood sucking reporters? They will eat me alive with their tons of questions." she said in fear. He rolled his eyes smiling.

"Don't worry I'll take care of them. And as for me being the date, you're 24. You bringing a date is normal." he said pointedly.

"But what about all those eligible single men? How will they approach me if they find out I've brought a date?" she muttered to herself but Siddharth heard it.

He fisted his hands and close his eyes. And took a deep breath. 'No, this is so not happening.' he thought.

"So it's settled. I'll be your date for the ball. And I need a new suit." he said standing up. Avneet glared at the back of his head. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. 'It's okay, Avneet. It's just one night.' she thought which didn't help her racing heart one bit.

_______________________________________

"Oooo, we're gonna have soooo much fun today!" exclaimed Jannat. Both Siddharth and Avneet shook their head at her excitement.

"Please, can't we get over with this already?" Avneet asked in a bored tone. She hated this. Not shopping but spending useless time to find a thing.

"Are you kidding Avneet? You have so much thing to shop. A dress, heels, accessories! Oh god! Hurry up, you turtles." Jannat said. Avneet groaned. Siddharth was amused. He thought girls love to shop. Spend useless money. But Avneet had refused to go to an expensive shop. She didn't want anything catchy. She wanted simple. 'This woman is full of surprises.' he thought shaking his head.

"So first we'll go find her evening gown." Jannat said and dragged Avneet to a shop. Siddharth trailing behind. Jannat thrusted a few gowns in Avneet's hand.

"Get into the trial room girl!" Jannat said following her. Siddharth also going behind them.

"Woah! Hold up. Where do you think you're going bawle?" Jannat asked amusement dancing in her eyes. Siddharth narrowed his eyes at her.

"Following Avneet." he said. Jannat shook her head. And slapped the back of his head. He glared at her. Avneet was laughing silently.

"I think you've gone mad. Stay here. This is a girls changing room. You'll get arrested." Jannat said. He shook his head.

"I'm doing bodyguard busin-" he was cut short by Avneet.

"Siddharth, it's fine. Look there is cctv cameras here. Nothing will happen. Stay here." she said in a final tone. Siddharth stared into her eyes. And she too didn't back out. After a few moments he sighed.

"Fine. You win. Be quick." he said rolling his eyes. Jannat gaped at him. 'Woah! Did he really? Impressive Avu!' she thought jumping on the inside. Jannat turned to Avneet.

"Let's go!" she said. Avneet rolled her eyes and went inside.

~30 minutes later~

"Oh God! I'm tired! I wanna go home." whined Avneet. Siddharth mentally agreed with her. Jannat shook her head.

"Oh shut it! We haven't even found your gown yet." she said getting tired of this big baby. She dragged her into another shop. Both of them searching and collecting few gowns. They went to the trial room. Without Siddharth of course. Avneet tried a few. She didn't like those. And then she tried another hoping she would like this. She looked into the mirror after wearing it and smiled. She walked out. Jannat grinned and nodded her head. Avneet sighed. 'Finally.' she thought.

They bought the dress and went to buy heels and accessories for her. It took them one more hour to do so. And finally Avneet's shopping was over. Then Jannat dragged both of them to buy a suit for Siddharth. While choosing Jannat told Avneet to look at the other side for more suits. She went and Jannat brought a suit in front of him. He raised one eyebrow and Jannat rolled her eyes.

"Go try it on! And hurry up!" she said. Siddharth took it from her and went to try it. He liked it. Jannat grinned wide looking at him.

"This is the one! Let's pack it up!" she said and went hurriedly to buy it. But not before Siddharth handed her the cash for it. Siddharth went for Avneet. Avneet was still looking for suits. When he arrived she looked at him.

"Let's go. We've already found one. Jannat went to get the bill cleared." he said.

"That was quick." she said and followed him out. Jannat was already standing there with the bag. Siddharth took the bag from her and went outside. They helped him buy some shoes and they were finally done. It was already evening. Jannat went home bidding them goodbye. Avneet and Siddharth also went home.

Avneet groaned and sat on the couch in her living room when they reached. Siddharth went to drink some water.

"God! I'm so tired!" she exclaimed. He rolled his eyes at her.

"What do you want for dinner?" he asked. She looked at him weirdly. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"You're not making anything. You must be tired. We're ordering food." she said closing her eyes. He was surprised. He didn't think she would be concerned about him.

"Chinese?" she asked already typing on her phone. He nodded.

"Sure." he said.

"And done. Food will be here within half an hour. Let's get fresh.God! I'm never going to shop with this girl again." she groaned saying the last sentence making Siddharth laugh gently. He shook his head and followed her.

Both took a long shower. Changed into their comfortable outfit. Avneet didn't wear her exposing nightwear. She didn't want to make Siddharth uncomfortable. She wore her pajamas and went down. She saw Siddharth setting up the dining table with food. She rolled her eyes at him.

"I ordered the food so I wanted to pay the bill." she said. He looked at her.

"And you were not present when the delivery man came so I paid. You can pay the next time." he said shrugging. She rolled her eyes and sat down. She knew he paid on purpose. 'Men.' she thought and shook her head. They both ate. Said there good nights and went to their rooms and slept.

Hey guys!
Here is chapter fourteen. I hope you like the chapter.

Yeah, I know this chapter is boring. It kinda was a filler chapter. Don't worry it will get better soon. 😉

Their outfits will be revealed in the next chapter.

What do you think will happen next?

Stay tuned to know more!👻

Please vote, share and comment 🤗

Love ya'll ❤️

-Isa