Chapter - 36 Mi Amor

"We both need to talk," Avneet muttered leaning away from his chest to look in his eyes. Siddharth looked down at her. He still couldn't believe that this was happening in real. He nodded giving her a small smile. His arms still wrapped around her waist and her hands were also around his torso clutching his shirt.

He reluctantly let go of her waist. She let go of his shirt and took a step back. She blushed at their proximity and put a hair strand behind her ear looking down. Siddharth was watching her as he could only see her. His heart tugged painfully. Though that was a beautiful kind of pain. She turned to walk ahead. He held her hand immediately stopping her. She looked back at their joined hands. She couldn't help but smile and blush. Siddharth intertwined their fingers making her redder.

He felt so good that he was afraid that he would wake up from this beautiful dream. Both walked to the couch. Siddharth's eyes only trained on her and she was continuously blushing. She felt giddy. This was like a dream come true for her. Siddharth sat down first and she sat down too. She was nervous suddenly. She didn't know how to behave around him. 'What are we now? Does this make things more complicated than it already was?' She thought sitting down. She sat at a distance from him. 'Should I sit near him? Will he be okay with that?' She thought nervously clutching on her shirt with one hand as another was already in his grasp. He frowned when he saw her sitting at a little distance from him. Too far away from his liking.

She yelped in surprise as he suddenly tugged on her hand and she crashed on his chest. He immediately wrapped his arm around her shoulder holding her close. She looked up at him in surprise. He leaned down making her gulp. As he got close she closed her eyes clutching on his shirt.

"This is better." He whispered in her ear and placed a small kiss on the side of her head. She shivered as his breath hit on her neck. He leaned back and watched her open her eyes slowly with pink cheeks. He smiled at her warmly. She looked down at his chest in embarrassment as she thought he was going to kiss her again. She cleared her throat and sat properly still in his hold.

"What are we going to do now?" She asked softly looking at him. He sighed and dropped his head in the crook of her neck. She sucked in a breath widening her eyes. She didn't know how to react.

"We'll stay here for another two days and decide our next location. We can still explore here in the meantime." He said inhaling her scent with closed eyes. She sighed in contentment and ran her hands through his hair gently.

"Okay. But I was not asking about this." She said softly. He pulled back to look at her face. And her hands dropped from his hair. He furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" He asked. She looked at him in the eyes and held his gaze for some time.

"I was asking about us. What are we going to do?" She repeated pressing on the word 'we'. His eyes widen in realisation. He let out an 'oh' before sitting straight. He was silent thinking something. She became nervous all of a sudden.

"Si-Siddharth?" She called nervously. He sighed before turning his body sideways towards her and held her both hands.

"We need to keep our relationship secret." He said looking into her eyes with a guilty expression. Her heart jumped hearing 'our relationship' but she was scared at the same time. Those self-conscious thoughts coming back to her again. Her grip on his hands loosened.

"Wh-what do y-you m-mean?" She asked in a fear laced voice and slowly pulling her hands out of his grasp. He widened his eyes as he recognised the expression of hers.

"I didn't mean that." He said hurriedly holding her hands back.

"We can't be in a relationship with our clients. It's one of the rules." He added slowly. He was confused and scared. He didn't want to let her go.