Chapter - 40 The First Fight

He checked his revolver. 6 bullets were loaded already. 'More than enough.' He thought smirking to himself.

"Si-siddharth?" Avneet whispered. He looked at her and saw her eyeing his revolver with a look of fear. She had never used a gun. They didn't have time to practice it. He didn't want to use this but he will use it if she is in any sort of danger. He dropped his hand and tried to hide the revolver behind his back. He cupped her cheek and forced her to look into his eyes.

"I won't let anything happen to you. Trust me." He muttered in a low tone so that the goons don't hear him and kissed her forehead. She was scared. Bloodshed. She was scared of it. She was scared for him. She held his hand which was cupping her cheek.

"What about you? They are armed, right? They can hurt you. Please, don't go." She pleaded in desperation. His heart thumped loudly inside his chest. 'They are here for her and she worries for me.' He thought as a warm feeling flooded inside him. He exhaled shakily. He needed to keep her safe.

"Don't worry. Stay here. I'll be back." He said giving her an assuring nod. She opened her mouth to oppose him but he quickly dove for a short kiss and effectively shut her out. With that, he left for the playground.

He went forward silently being in the shadows. His revolver in his grip. He saw the three men separating into two groups. He targeted the one who went alone. He sneakily went behind his back. The guy suddenly slowed his pace. Siddharth was quick to move into action. His one hand went around his mouth so that he won't be able to shout and alert the other guys. The man thrashed around scratching his wrist to leave him. Siddharth tightened his grip and he hit his head with the back of the revolver effectively knocking him out. The figure went limp. Siddharth let go of his body and he fell hard on the ground making a thumping sound. He didn't care as he was running back to the other guys.

He speed-walked back to the place. He heard shuffling from the other side and made his way there quickly. He saw the two guys were almost close to where he left Avneet. One was walking behind the other. 'Oh no you don't.' He thought before running towards them. The guy who was near Siddharth heard footsteps. He turned immediately but he was hit by a hard punch in the face. He groaned in pain holding his nose and dropped his gun in the process. He staggered in his steps catching the other guys attention. The guy turned around holding the gun in Siddharth's face. Before he could pull the trigger Siddharth ducked and a loud banging sound echoed in the empty warehouse. Siddharth quickly punched his elbow with one hand and elbowed his abdomen with a force. The man's steps faltered and he dropped his gun. Siddharth aimed his gun at the man's head but a kick on the back of his knees took him off guard.

He fell on the floor and was quick to turn around and face his attacker. The man kicked his stomach repeatedly making him groan in pain. Suddenly Siddharth caught his foot and tugged on it making him fall. Siddharth quickly stood up and kicked him with force. He picked up his gun and was ready to shoot when someone kicked him from behind. He lost his balance for a while but didn't fall. He turned around and kicked the man's abdomen hard. He fell. Siddharth pointed his revolver at his head but a sudden scream caught his attention.

Avneet stood where Siddharth told her to. She was scared. She knew he went for fighting the goons. But she didn't hear any sounds. 'If something happens to him?' She thought and her face paled. She wanted to go after him but she didn't. She had faith in him. She knew he meant when he said he wouldn't let anything happen to her.

Suddenly she heard them. They were close. Her hands were sweating. She frantically looked here and there for a hiding spot. Then she heard his groan and thud. She cupped her face in panic. 'Siddharth is fighting. He is hurt.' She thought panicking. She wanted to help him. She took a step to go when someone caught her wrist.