Chapter - 44 Meet & Greet

"This might be the first time I've woken up this late since I had joined the military," Siddharth said with a laugh. Avneet was now washing the dishes and he was wiping and keeping them aside. Though she told him that she could do it herself but he wasn't listening. Avneet's hands stopped working hearing him.

"Uhm... I may or may not have stopped your alarm today," she told him with a sheepish look. He raised an eyebrow at her.

"Before you ask I want to clarify why I did so," she said quickly. He gave her a nod.

"We drove for a lot of hours. I did rest after you took over driving but you didn't even sleep once in the car," she said with narrowed eyes. He opened his mouth to say something but she beat him to it.

"And I saw how tired you were. You slept like a log yesterday," she said with a snort.

"Hey! I don't sleep like a log." he defended with his eyebrows furrowed. She gave out a laugh.

"You overworked yourself yesterday. That is why I stopped your alarm. You needed rest. And you feel better, don't you?" she asked with a small smile.

"Yes," he said in bewilderment. He was habituated to wake up early. So, it was weird to him. Avneet smiled in triumph.

"And we're done here. Let's go to the living area." Avneet said wiping her hands with an excited smile. Siddharth smiled looking at her.

"You're cute," he said ruffling her hair. She blushed swatting his hand away. She smoothened her hair down and glared at him playfully. He shook his head unable to hide his smile.

"Let's go," he said holding her hand and walked to the living. They both sat down near the window. Both talked and laughed together. Both were relaxed. Siddharth was completely at ease. Never in his professional life, he was this relaxed. 'It comes with her.' Siddharth though gazing lovingly at Avneet who was busy talking with a wide smile plastered on her face.

When lunchtime came, Siddharth helped Avneet in cooking. Siddharth also went to help her. He was amused seeing her trying to talk him out of it. She finally gave up after 5 minutes of trying to get him out of the kitchen. Both made their lunch and ate it. They decided that they'll go outside after resting for some time.

_______________________________________

Same day at 5 pm~

Avneet was getting ready inside the bedroom. Siddharth had already changed in his clothes when she was in the shower. Now he was patiently waiting in the living room for her. 'This is getting regular.' he thought rolling his eyes with a small smile on his face as he glanced at his hand watch for the fifth time in two minutes.

"Sorry sorry. I'm late. I couldn't find my earring." she said in a rush getting out of the room. Siddharth snapped his eyes to her and his eyes widened.