Chapter - 52 The Chaos

"Are we really doing this?" Avneet asked shifting on her foot nervously while Siddharth was taking their bags out from the trunk. They were on the road for more than 20+ hours. Driving nonstop to reach Mumbai as soon as possible. Both had driven while the other rested.

Avneet was hoping they would return to her parent's house as her own home was not safe. It saddened her to think that she couldn't go to her home right at this moment. Siddharth assured her they would return her as soon as the threat was out of their way.

But to her surprise, he didn't lead her to Nandra Mansion nor to the safe house where her parents were staying. In fact, he didn't even go that way. He took her to his own apartment. Yes, his home.

Avneet had freaked out when he broke the news literally five minutes away from his house. 'His own home?! And he didn't bother telling me this before.' she thought with a huff. She glanced at the tall building in front of her. She was nervous.

She jumped slightly hearing the car trunk shut close. Siddharth straightened up and glanced at her.

"Yes," he replied with a shrug. She narrowed her eyes at his carefree gesture. Siddharth didn't let her say anything else and called the watchman over. The man came rushing towards them. The man looked like in his late 40's. His eyes flickered back and forth between Avneet, Siddharth and their more than necessary luggage. His mouth twitched upwards in a small smile.

He greeted both of them and started helping them taking the bags up to Siddharth's Apartment. Avneet fidgeted nervously while eyeing the building. Siddharth remained silent while their lift ride with the watchman.

The lift ride took them to the 14th floor. Avneet also helped them in carrying the bags though Siddharth didn't want her to. The watchman left soon leaving the both of them alone in Siddharth's apartment. Siddharth sighed loudly closing the door. He turned on the lights of the living room as the sun was setting.

"Make yourself at home," Siddharth said with a smile gesturing at his home. Avneet returned his smile and looked around curiously. She walked inside timidly and watched the big living room attached to the dining area. The kitchen was right around the corner.

The walls were white and grey in colours. The apartment was spacious. She noticed there wasn't any picture of his own for decoration. There were quotes of different philosophers in frames. Talking about the decoration, there wasn't any decoration of his own. It looked like what a typical man's home looked like.

"Your house is very-" she trailed off unable to find an appropriate word. Siddharth stood beside her with his hands tucked into his pockets.

"Plain? Boring? Bland?" he opted. She gave him a side-eyed look and shook her head smilingly.

"Manly. I was about to say manly," she said pointedly and flicked on his forehead. He glared at her playfully.

"Yeah, I know. It looks boring. But then again, I don't know a thing about decorations." he shrugged carelessly.

"Then why didn't you let Vibha aunty or Vaishu didi decorate for you?" she asked tilting her head sideways with an adorably confused face. He smiled cupping her cheek with one hand.

"I didn't think it was necessary," he said stepping closer to her. She nodded holding his gaze.

"We need to unpack," she muttered when the tension rose around them. He groaned softly, kissing her forehead he stepped away. He couldn't help it. He was always drawn to her.

"You're right," he said eyeing the bags. Siddharth led her to a few doors. He gave her one of the few guest rooms he had. His room was right in front of hers.