Chapter Fifty-six

The Calvary arrived exactly an hour later and secured the remaining team phoenix members. From what Lincoln could gather, team hawk were occupied with another mission. The navy seals had been on assignment to clean out a child trafficking ring that to no surprise was lead by Ibrahim and cohorts.

They had been on their way to aid them when they got ambushed by Ibrahim 's men as well. The mission had been compromised from the very beginning. Everybody was tense as they rode up in the chopper that was to take them to safety. Mistrust and weariness was the order of the day. Lincoln couldn't wait to be on the first flight out of this goddamned country. It was a shitty mission generally and he hated shitty things. He loved being in the marines,the discipline and order of things was what had initially prompted him to join the military. But things were changing and he didn't like were they where heading.

"we are changing course, we have another Calvary south east of the city." Simmons, the captain of the seal team announced as the chopper turned left.

"Alpha? "

The captain only nodded and turned to issue instructions to his men. Lincoln and Hutch exchanged looks as they silently exhaled. The death of one of their own had been a blow they were still reeling from. They couldn't afford to lose yet another one. Riot was still out of it. He still hasn't said a word to anyone yet. His eyes were bloodshot red and his jaw was clenched. In as much as Lincoln wanted to comfort the marine,he knew it wasn't the time. They still had pending business.

While Lincoln and the captain devised a plan of attack as the rest of the men prepared their ammunition. A total of seven soldiers would partake in the rescue while the reminder took to base.

The coordinates sent took them to the port bordering between the city and the sea. A dozen men surrounded the Area as a man stood out from the rest, clearly the leader.

***

Going in and out of consciousness, I could make out the sounds of gun fire and yelling. Somebody was yelling my name from afar. But I was moving... No, I was being dragged by someone or rather some people. My head pounded so badly I was feeling nauseous. The wave of dizziness had me frowning severely.

"Alvin! "

The screaming was not helping at all. Whoever was trying to get my attention was but a nuisance at the moment.

I needed a breather.

Shrugging off the person on my right seemed to take more energy than was available. And not to mention the blow I got to my side for my insolence. I grunted and gritted my teeth to try and keep the pain at bay but I could still feel how my breath hitched from the anguish. I snapped my eyes open to glare at the asshole who had the nerve to hit me and was met with the same guy that had delivered the blow to my head earlier. I narrowed my eyes at him giving him my meanest glare. I was quite the petty guy, in my mind I had always believed that one good deed deserved another, just as every bad deed deserves another.

Let's see how he handles vomit, shall we...

When the next wave of nausea came up, I didn't bother holding it back and leaned to his side, flooding him in it. The guy jumped away so fast I fell awkwardly on my knees with the other guy holding up my left hand as the idiot cursed me out in his language. I didn't pay him any mind as I emptied my already empty stomach on the sand.

When I was done the one on my left gave me a nasty snare. And fuck did he look ugly.

I snorted at my own thoughts as lefty continued giving me the stink eye.

When he saw my amused expression he went to hit me but instead stood stock still with his hand raised in the air. His gurgling and the flow of blood from his mouth is what alerted me of his incoming demise. When he had fallen on his knees , a smiling Hutch stood in his stead pointing a gun at me. Before I could frown he pulled the trigger. When I realized I was still alive, I quickly opened my eyes and turned behind to find vomit guy laying face down in the sand.