Chapter Twenty-Six

The night wore on as Alvin was introduced as my Donna to the various crime lords and business associates of the mafia. All of them had pledged loyalty to him. A few would flirt with him every so often but Alvin's cold demeanor was enough to shut them up without me nor him having to utter a word in reply.

I knew that by announcing and claim Alvin as my Donna I was literary exposing him to danger but it couldn't be helped. Of course many asked who he was or if he came from any Mafia family but I managed to brush off those questions. Unsurprisingly Alvin was not only confident but charming too. Clearly he had a few ladies wet there panties when he would flushed that smile. He was polite yet blunt.

All in all the night was going great. The kids where in a separate wing with the other Mafia kids enjoying their on supervised  party. I had a few men heavily guard the area where the kids were situated. All in they where having fun last i checked on them.

Speaking of the twins I looked up as people started murmuring while looking to the entrance surprised. Curiously I glanced back to see what was happening. Instantly my blood run cold as I starred at Ares. My beautiful boy was searching the crowd with a concentrated frown oblivious to the danger he just put himself in. Before I could register it my body moved on it's own as I quickly made for my son. Ares noticed me as a bright smile made its way on his face as he yelled "Papa!" excitedly running to meet me half way. I scooped him up in my arms protectively,My heart was beating so loudly in my chest I thought I would have a heart attack.

I quickly scanned the room as it became eerily quite as everyone starred on with shock,confusion and surprise as well as other emotions.

This is bad,this is really bad. I thought as I looked to where Alvin was.

Alvin just stood there as pale as a ghost. We knew what this meant. Heck everyone in this room knew what this meant.

Trouble.

Big ,big trouble.

Before I could even retreat with my bundle "Ares!Did you find them?" Angel's voice came through as she bounded in the room pouting and glaring till her eyes met mine and she ran up to me tugging at my arm which held her brother.

"Papa,one of the kids is being mean and I really want to punch him in the face but Daddy is going to be mad if I hit someone. But then you told me not to let anyone walk over me,what do I do?do you think I should punch the mean bully Papa" she asked oblivious to the stunned people in the room.

Fuck.

I'm going to kill every single one of my men I left to guard the kids.

"Sweety,come we need to go" I said trying to remain calm when I was anything but.

"But Papa..."

"Now Angel" I snapped without meaning to.

Angel flinched as she took a step back from me while Ares tensed in my arms.

I had never raised my voice to my children and it broke my heart at the look Angel gave me. Her lips wobbled as her eyes teared. She looked so hurt.

"Don't talk to my sister that way" Ares said in a voice so menacing that I was startled as he aggressively thrashed in my arms. I let him go as Alvin approached us. His hard gaze on me. Alvin picked Angel without his gaze wavering. He cradled Angel to him then reached for Ares hand and turned to walk out but suddenly stopped.

Silvia Marcelino appeared out of nowhere with some men holding a gun and pointed it at Alvin.

"Well well,who would have thought this day would come. The day the powerful Valentino would proudly present his one weakness for all to see. And not just that his brats as well" snickered Silvia Marcelino bitterly.

Silvia Marcelino, Don Marcelino's Donna. Now why the fuck hadn't I thought of her. Clearly the woman was insane or had a death wise. She was always a little too stupid for her own good. But how the fuck did she get in the mansion let alone with her goons.

"I want my husband and daughter back Valentino. I know you have him. Or I'm going to kill  your whole family right here while you watch." Silvia said as she released the safety pin. Her eyes wild and untamed.

I could feel the blood as it rushed through my whole body. My ears felt like they would explode from the pressure alone. I moved just as Alvin did.

The next five seconds felt like five years in slow motion.

I grabbed Ares and pulled him back just as Alvin moved in on the woman standing in front of him and with a single hand disarmed her so quickly I thought it didn't happen. Before anybody could react a shot went up and Silvia Marcelino's dead body lay in a puddle of blood as the entire room seemed to freeze in either fear or confusion.

Luckily neither of the twins had actually witnessed Alvin kill her. Ares was stood behind me while Angel was tucked in Alvin's neck as she glared over at me while silent tears made their way on her pretty face.

I never got to ask Alvin why the kids never freak out when in situations like these.

Aurial and a few men quickly moved in to un hand Silvia's men. The idiots seemed to have realized that there leader was no more and surrendered without a fuss.

Or maybe where too shocked at how it all happened.

Alvin just turned around seemingly looking for Ares,His eyes turned a little crazed till he spotted him behind me and walked over.