Chapter Thirty-Six

Alvin walked the long hallway with Valentino holding his hand as they walked towards the lounge area where he could hear various voices of his squad. He could feel the excitement of the promise of a new thrill with his teammates even from the hallway as their loud voices carried unapologetically. His team loved nothing more than popping bad guys brains out,even if it was horribly debatable when it came to the line of good and bad with his mates. But that's not the only thing he could feel. The tight grip Valentino had on his hand was a heavy reminder of the heaviness that settled in his heart. Come two hours he would be leaving his babies and the man who owned his heart to take out a betrayal in the form of his team mate, Christian hadn't just betrayed Alvin but his entire team. He had to be put down.

He knew Valentino was doing everything he could not to lose control and beg Alvin to stay home and let the men handle everything that was happening,but Alvin knew if his people were involved in all that's was happening then their was a good chance none of Valentino's men would make it out alive. Christian and Bane where born to kill,groomed to be among the best in each field of work they specialized in and Valentino's people could not stand a chance.

Good thing my team had vengeful souls then.

Alvin rounded the corner and felt his lips curl up in a genuine smile as he looked at the madness that was his men and woman. Four familiar faces sat among the family as they laughed and joked around with each other. Hudson Erickson,who we affectionately referred to as Hutch laughed and joked around with Alexander. Of course my brother couldn't pass up the chance to tease and flirt with the little guy as always. Ever since the day I introduced my team to my family,Alex has made it his mission to seduce and flirt with the beautiful man,of course all to no avail. Hudson was a stunning brown haired and greened eyed stereotypical twink. At five foot five, He had men that loved men eating out the palm of his hand were ever he went,but Despite the typical small body and flamboyant persona Hutch could slice a mans throat without blinking twice. He had the body,brains and brawns. Everyone knows never to anger the little spitfire. His husband of five years now learnt that lesson the hard way.

Next was Lincoln Martins, The six foot four dark chocolate hunk of a man was what people would term 'the kind of man to make women's knickers wet just by a look' and he didn't disappoint in that area. Linc was the 'perfect man',at least from a distance that is. Charming,kind,funny and supportive. Of course his one flaw however being the part of his brain that just couldn't keep it in his pants. Linc loves women and makes no bones about it. He breaks hearts everywhere he goes. He is as deceptive as a serpent,beautiful but deadly.

I honestly sympathize with the person he will eventually end up with.

Next was Tiffany Spencer,Tiff as the guys affectionately called the busty blue eyed blond. At five foot ten she was not only sexy and stunning but actually had the full package to back it up. The first time I met the lady I had immediately brought up the famous doll face barbie to the surface of my mind. Their resemblance was surreal despite Tiff carrying a way bigger butt than Barbie could ever hope to have. Of course unsurprisingly my daughter took a liking to her straight up. First time Angel met Tiff she screamed and gushed at the woman thinking I had bought her a real life sized doll. It took my Dad two hours of explaining to my daughter that no Tiffany was not by any means a barbie doll but an actual human.
Fortunately Tiff loves kids and didn't take offense. Angel is fascinated by her and they adore each other. Tiff despite her career choice came from a wealthy family,I'm talking old man kind of wealth.

Unsurprisingly We didn't always get along in the beginning. She was everything I despised in high school and verse versa. At first Tiff was the typical 'popular girl',looks,money and fame with a line of dumb assholes lining to do her bidding. In simple terms she was a spoiled brat. But of course the military gets off on 'attitude adjustment' and Eventually barbie was transformed from no spine bimbo to a queen with a crown of thorns. After our rocky start we eventually warmed up to each other.

"By that i mean i almost put her face under reconstructive surgery after she tried shit talking about me"

It was after our 'little quiff' that one drunken night she confided in me that her parents had actually sent her off to the military when they couldn't handle her spoiled and bratty personality any longer. Unsurprisingly the military not only straightened her out but she is one of the best at what she does. Tiff can reassemble any weapon as fast as she can fire it.

Daniel Clifford aka Cliff stands at Five foot eleven with short dark hair. Cliff is the tech guy,he can hack anything with a password. Believe it or not Cliff isn't exactly military trained. We 'borrow' his brains when we need to. His surprisingly a family man. At 28 Cliff has a beautiful eleven year old daughter from his high school sweetheart Paige. And yes,we went to school together. Cliff was the nerd that got picked on till his bullies met my fist. I always defended Cliff despite us not even having any close relation whatsoever in the beginning.

And then Christian Ryes..... Well up until yesterday was another marksman from my squad.

Now considered dead.

"Alvin" I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Valentino's deep voice as he gently tugs on my arm.
"You spaced out,everyone is waiting for us" Val nods in the direction of the lounge where everyone laughs and jokes around oblivious to us standing there. "Yeah sorry,let's go" Val nods as we approach the bunch. Tiffany is the first to spot us as she hurriedly hands her beer to one of Valentino's men whom I recognise as Clive. Tiffany has a huge grin on her face as she literary jumps me. Unprepared for the action I stumble backwards but thankfully Valentino steadies us. "Oh my gosh Alvin! I haven't seen you in like forever" Tiff gushes dramatically as she crushes me to her busty blessed chest. "Of course forever being last month before you went to that mission Tiff" I reminder her with a kiss to her temple as I hug her just as tightly. "Its good to see you home and safe hun."

"Tiff anytime soon please" Hutch crosses his arms jokingly glaring at Tiffany who simply rolls her eyes and targets Valentino. She always loves to flirt with Val.
Hutch unsurprisingly jumps me too,I know I should be used to him since his always doing it but I'm unprepared it seems since we stumble into Val and Tiff. Hutch laughs at Tiff's huffing and winks at Valentino. My fiance just looks to me as if asking for help as Tiffany gushes over him. I snort and look to Hutch who simply unashamedly pecks me on the lips. Of course the action doesn't go unnoticed by Valentino as he raises a brow at Hutch. The latter simply rolls his eyes muttering something about jealous Italians.

I snort a laugh as I'm embraced in another hug by Linc who simply picks me up and walks with me in his arms as though I weigh nothing. Lincoln treats me the same way Alex does. Like a little brother. He probably sees me as such considering his an only child. Not that I'm complaining, I love him just as such as well.

"Dude,I'm only four inches shorter than you"

"Yeah well that's four inches to my advantage,besides you're lean and weigh nothing" Linc retorts as he sits on the couch next to Luciano and Valerie who raises his brows just as high as his son.

"Ah... I didn't get a hug" Cliff whines as he stands in front of us glaring daggers at Lincoln who just snorts in amusement as he wraps his arms around my middle possessively, taunting Clifford. The banter goes on for a few seconds until Linc takes pity on Cliff and releases me and I'm engulfed in another warm hug. Cliff and I engage in a few pleasantries about our families before Valentino is calling for everyone's attention.

Let's get this show on the road,shall we.