Sleep Deprivation Does Crazy Things

*Writing this to combat the depression and anxiety that Ninjago has just put me through with the season 15 finale. There are literally no words.*

*Brought to you by the people asking me to write something with Jay and Kai hanging out together.*

After everything that had happened over the last couple of days, being practically high due to his brain not functioning anymore was something that he was welcomingly accepting. Of course, he knew that if Nya found out, she would probably kill him, but she wasn't here, and what she didn't know wouldn't kill her...hopefully. 

It was common for him to do this really. He refused to sleep for several days after a mission like this last one because of the nightmares that followed. Zane had tried to get him to take his prescription almost as soon as they came back, but he didn't want it. He claimed that it was because the nightmares after missions like these had stopped after Unagami, but that was a lie. Really, he just wanted to be ready incase Nya and Cole needed him for the mission that they were currently on.

At least, that was what he was telling himself in this moment as he watched the ceiling beams dance around with each other. If he was being completely honest, he was pretty sure he just wanted to be almost high without actually being high. His thoughts were completely jumbling at this point, and he was 100% sure that the ceiling was telling him crappy dad jokes. 

'Jay... Jay... What's the worst season for a step ladder?' 

"I don't know, what is it?" Jay asked out loud.

Of course, Kai happened to be walking down the hallway at this time and was confused upon hearing his brother's voice. Everyone else had either gone to the movies or was on the mission, so who the hell was he talking to? Kai approached the door as a smile continued to stretch across Jay's face in a very slow and creepy pace that caused the hairs on the back of Kai's neck to slowly rise.

'..................... The fall.'

It was silent for several seconds. Kai was just about to turn around and leave when Jay just started cackling. The cackling caused Kai to scream like a little girl and turn back to Jay with fire in his hands. It didn't slow down either. Jay was laughing so hard that his face was slowly turning purple.

After realizing that there was in fact no danger, Kai lowered his arms and looked towards his brother in confusion as he was gasping for breath. After a minute, Kai just started shaking his head and looking up to the sky. There was no way in hell he was babysitting Jay like this.

"I'll be back Jay. I am way too sober to be dealing with this shit." Kai said as he turned back to go to the kitchen, though he was pretty sure his brother was too far gone to even notice his presence. 

'Why did the chef stop cooking?'

Jay had finally caught his breath and was looking to the ceiling again. Nya was so going to kill him when she came back. No way in hell was he going to be decent enough for her return. Ehh... He would deal with that bridge when he got there. It wasn't like she was coming home tonight.

"Why?" Jay asked out loud again, aware now that Kai had come in with a case of beer and was already tossing bottles to the ground because they were empty.

'He ran out of thyme.'

Jay didn't wait in silence this time as he started cackling and pounding his fist into Kai's arm when he was overcome with his hysterics. While this was happening, Kai instantly opened up 2 bottles and just started chugging because there was no way in hell that this was working fast enough.

"What are we laughing at?" Kai asked when he felt he was close enough to Jay intoxicated state that he would find whatever Jay was laughing at funny.