Guilt

Jay had felt many emotions before. He learned to feel so many more when he became a Ninja. He felt more emotions than he ever thought even existed. On days like today though, he felt numb. After comforting Lloyd and Nya, Jay had went off on his own. 

He felt guilty. That was an emotion that he always seemed to feel. It was his fault that Scott got killed, just like it was his fault that Cole and Kai sacrificed themselves for him. It didn't make sense. They shouldn't sacrifice themselves for someone like him. The team would probably fair off a lot better if they were there. Yes, he shouldn't have let them do that.

Jay walked around Scott's garage as he looked at some of the unfinished cars and equipment that Scott was never going to finish. That he was never going to finish because of him. Jay felt his chest tighten before he shook his head. He wasn't going to start crying now, not after telling his teammates not to cry. That seemed like a hypocrite move. 

Scott was his first friend coming to the game. The quickly saved each other when they needed it. They tried to track down Unagami, before deciding that it was too hard to do it by themselves. Scott was the one who explained everything to him. Taught him the rules and what the real reason for everything in this twisted game. 

It was his fault that everyone was even trapped in here in the first place. If he had just decided to listen instead of focusing on playing that game... Kai and Cole would still be here and alive. None of these bad things would have happened. Why did all of the bad things have to come to him? Why did he always need to be the one who needed the others to save him? Was he really always that weak? 

Jay had felt this guilt before. It was his fault last time too with Nadakhan. His own selfish reasons were the ones that got everyone else trapped. His own selfish reasons that got Nya killed. He always just had to prove himself. To prove his worth on these missions. No, he wasn't worth it. Everyone who sacrificed themselves were the ones who were.

It was equal amounts of guilt. He couldn't decide which one was worse. On one hand, he never actually really saw anyone get trapped in the sword, but he did have Nya die in his arms. That, and also he was kidnapped and abused for days on end. On the other hand, he had to watch 3 people sacrifice themselves for him. He had a feeling he was going to be the one alone again. He saw the pattern. It was only a matter of time. It always had to be him. That was his punishment for whatever he did. 

"Hey." He heard the voice of his girlfriend and Lloyd coming into the room.

"What's up, guys?" Jay asked, putting on a fake sad smile.

"We are going to head out again in an hour. We shouldn't stay here for too long. I would imagine that those Visors would be on their way here again." Lloyd said as he looked to the ground.

"Got it." Jay said as he turned and walked towards the car he and Scott had conveniently met in. 

He had been hiding away from the red visors in that trunk. It all began because he had realized that he couldn't come home. That he was trapped in the game just like everyone else. It got worse when he and Scott started killing the Visors in front of people. That led to the League of Jay being born. The League of Jay led to the Ninja finding him, and that led to him practically killing Kai, Cole and Scott. 

Jay laughed as he looked towards the scratches that were half painted over on the car. That was the first time he was actually flung out of a moving vehicle. If that was the real world, he would have died. It shocked him that he didn't lose any lives. He knew for a fact that he was knocked out from the impact. It should have killed him, but it didn't. Everything that should and was supposed to happen almost never did.

He was sure that he wasn't going to be playing videogames for awhile. This was too much for him to take. Videogames were like an escape from the real world to him, but then videogames became the real world. There would be no escaping that for the rest of his life. He wasn't going to have the same enjoyment ever again. At least he could focus on training to be a better Ninja when all of this was done. Master Wu had said that if he trained as much and as hard as he played videogames, he would be one of the best. Jay was sure that he was probably one of the worst though. He didn't like being quiet, and being a Ninja required that.