Letting Go

Hey...

I don't really know what to say. 

Kai says that he hasn't really heard from you. In fact, no one has heard from you. Like you just disappeared off the map.

I don't know why they thought that I would have better luck at getting you to appear. According to you and all of Ninjago, I was the one to break your heart.

But I don't remember. I don't remember it at all. And I wish I did. I wish I remembered so that I could know what the right thing to say to you was so that you would be okay. 

But I can't.

I can't, and it is killing me. 

It's hard. It's hard to not remember things. I can't remember my parents. I can't remember our friends before the accident. But I can see the effects it as had on all of them. 

I'm not oblivious.

I can see the look in their eyes.

The desperation.

I can see it in Wu looking through countless scrolls and incantations.

I can see it in you.

In the way that you can't even look at me anymore.

In the way that you stopped visiting.

In the way that you apparently disappeared.

And I wish I could make it better for you. I wish that my accident was easier for you. I wish that we hadn't been as close as we were before it happened. If we hadn't been so close, then maybe it wouldn't be killing you. 

I care for you, Nya. 

I care for you so much. 

And it hurts to see you act in this way.

I know that the old me certainly wouldn't have wanted this and I think, deep down, you know that too.

And I'm not saying that to guilt you.

You've been through enough.

I'm saying it because I...

I love you, Nya. 

And I know that is probably the last thing that you want me to say. 

That it is probably the most painful thing for me to say.

But you need to move on. 

I don't regret a single thing about losing my memory for you. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Because you are worth it.

And Nya...

When you are done trying to figure stuff out. When you have made up with everyone else... 

When you have figured out who you are meant to be and where you are meant to belong...

Come find me.