Death, Life and Sometimes People Shouldn't Block You From Your Wife

Here is another One-Shot brought to you by the 'I don't know what the hell I just wrote foundation'. 

When you feel your life flashing before your eyes, what are you supposed to think about?

Is it your family?

Friends?

Wife?

Child?

What you have yet to accomplish?

All that you have accomplished?

Your dreams?

The events that led you to this moment?

Well, Jay certainly didn't have an answer for you. All he could concentrate on was the blood that was dripping out of his side and the screams of his teammates all around him. Also, did you know that you need a certain amount of oxygen to live? Because he certainly didn't know until this encounter.

Now, well now he was seeing double and the world kept spinning. Just spinning. And spinning. And spinning. And his side was screaming in agony. Crying for the pain to go away. Begging the blood to come back from the area it was leaking out of. And he knew that if he stopped to rest for just a moment, it was over for him.

Was he ready to die?

Well, he didn't know for sure. 

His heart was screaming no. But his mind... His mind wasn't sure. He wasn't sure because logically, he had done everything that he set to accomplish. He married the love of his life. They had the most beautiful daughter in all of Ninjago. He had the biggest family that he had ever seen, and if he was dying in this moment, he was going out doing something that he loved.

And he knew... He knew that he was dying in this moment. He knew that he was dying from the moment that his knees fell to the floor and from Nya's agonizing scream. The blood... Well, the blood was also certainly helping with this hypothesis that he was gathering in his head at this moment. 

And then the laughter found its way into his lungs.

And then he couldn't stop laughing.

If he was going down, he was going to be laughing.

Maybe... Maybe he was losing his mind?

Was anybody else laughing with him?

Was there hands touching his body?

Now though... Now he could feel the tears streaming down his face.

Because in that moment, all he could think about was Rain. About the promise that he made to her and himself. That she wouldn't be an orphan like he was. And Rain was too young to understand. She was only a couple months old. She wouldn't understand why her father wasn't coming home.

And Nya... He couldn't leave her to take care of their child by herself. And he couldn't help but have her agonizing scream echo through the caverns that was his head. This would break her. This would break her, and he knew in that moment that he had to keep fighting.

But he was just so tired.

So, so tired.

So, he used what little strength he had left to turn his head to look over at his brothers and wife.

Wait... Where was Cole?

Zane?

Wait....

Was he already dead?

Was that why Kai was holding his wife back from coming to him?

And where was Lloyd?

This day, was exhausting. His brain was exhausted. And logically, his day started out as his new normal from the past couple of months.