Desperate People Need Saviors

Even though she was back, he still felt empty. 

He thought that he would be happy now that she was in his arms.

He felt empty though. 

Nothing. 

She didn't abandon him.

She still came back.

He couldn't smile though, as much as he tried to get himself to. 

It all felt forced.

He hated it.

When was the last time he actually had a genuine smile?

He was supposed to be so happy.

Why was he so sad?

Jay felt himself staring blankly at the ceiling above him. He was aware of the person laying on top of him, the person that he fought so hard for to come back. Yet, he was there, staring blankly at the ceiling feeling nothing. There were no emotions inside of him. They left him a long time ago, and he knew that. He knew that they left him, and yet he was trying so hard to get them to come back.

He still loved her. He still loved the girl that was burying herself into him. He had no right to feel any negative emotions towards her. She saved his life. She saved Ninjago. She did her job, and sometimes having to sacrifice yourself is part of it, god knows he had his fair share of sacrifices. But it still hurt.

Maybe he was mad at himself. Maybe he was tired of always being mad at himself. It made the most sense. How many months did he beat himself up over her disappearance? Maybe he just wanted to shift the blame, even if it was only for a little bit. 

It caused him to hate himself even more. That was just selfish. He had no right to do that to her. He still loved her. He can't be mad at her. He shouldn't even be feeling any negative emotions towards her. She saved him.

But she still abandoned you.

Just like your Mother.

Just like your Father.

Just like everyone does when you mess up.

Jay grabbed her and moved her off of him before standing up and putting on his Gi. There was no point in beating himself up over this. It was all over. They still found a way to change it back, just like they always did. 

She seemed so happy to leave you.

She wanted to leave.

Away from you. 

Away from your clinginess.

That was why she chose Cole after all.

Jay watched the robot approach him in focus. He needed to do better. He doesn't need the boxing gloves. He just needs to get better. He punched the droid, feeling the blood dripping from his knuckles and onto the ground below him. 

It hurt. It hurt a lot, but he couldn't find it in himself to stop. He just felt all of this anger blowing up out of him, and he couldn't find it in himself to stop, even as the face fell of the droid as he tackled it to the ground, punching the wires as they burned his skin. 

And then he was seeing through crimson sunglasses. He was going further into the wires, feeling the electricity get sucked into his hands and building up around him. And he knew that he was about to blow, and instead of bottling it up, and let it explode. Everywhere. Lightning exploded everywhere. Black ash surrounded and dusted the statues that were by the murals.