Jealous

Jay was thankful that everything that happened in Shintaro was over. It was a nightmare what happened there. Jay couldn't help but feel a little happy for Cole though. He finally got to learn about his Mother. He knew that it really hurt him when she passed. It was always fascinating to learn about the previous Elemental Masters. It made Jay somewhat happy to know that they weren't the first to learn, which meant that all of the mistakes they made were probably common ones. 

Jay put his head in his hands as he thought about mistakes. He certainly made a lot of mistakes. It wasn't just in Shintaro either. He had been making mistakes since before the Fire Snakes. Probably since he and the others defeated the Oni almost a year ago. Mistake after mistake after mistake. Anything bad that happened to the team was his fault, and he knew that. 

On top of all of that, Nya was upset with him. Jay knew deep down that she had every right too. He acted unacceptable with the Queen. He didn't really care until he realized what would happen to him if she had won. Yeah, he certainly did deserve Nya avoiding and leaving anytime he walked into a room. It was completely in her right. If she wanted to break up with him, he wouldn't blame her. 

The sad thing was that Jay never thought of himself as the one who would do this sort of thing. He thought of Kai as the one to do this. Yet, he did it, and it made him feel even worse. He somehow broke his promise to himself to never make decisions like Kai would do. Making a Kai decision probably just cost him his relationship. The one relationship that he actually cared about. 

"Hey, Jay? Can you come steer the ship? Kai and Nya are training, Wu and Lloyd are talking somewhere, and I am going to try to stop Cole from making food." Zane asked as he opened the door.

"Of course." Jay said as he quickly dropped his hands and start to stand up.

"Are you okay?" Zane asked in concern.

"I have never been better, buddy. Go save us from Cole's cooking." Jay said as he plastered on a fake smile and walked towards the outside of the ship.

The fresh air made him feel better. It helped him clear his head. He never really like steering, but it let his mind focus on something that wasn't his worries, so he did it. He could understand why Nya liked to do this all of the time. 

The thought of Nya instantly put the thoughts back in his brain as he steered. He tried to get them out of his head, but then he realized he could see Nya and Kai training. He quickly looked up towards the sky when he realized he was staring. He was not going to be getting in trouble for anything else. No more mistakes. 

Jay felt a frown slowly come on his face as he looked straight ahead. He didn't care what his face wanted to do anymore. If it wanted to not be happy, it could be sad or mad. He didn't have enough emotional energy to keep up the fine façade anymore. No one was paying attention to him anyway.

"So what is going on with you and Jay?" Kai asked as he sat and looked up towards Jay and then back towards his Sister.

"What do you mean?" Nya asked as she dodged one of the attacks that Kai was going to place on her.

 "I might be stupid, but I am not oblivious. I can see what is going on in front of me." Kai said as he placed another attack on his Sister.

Nya looked up towards Jay. He hadn't realized that he had come out, and it scared her for a split second. He wasn't paying any attention towards her, but he looked deep in thought. She couldn't see his facial expression to see what he was thinking about. They were too far away from him.

"He didn't stand up for me with the Munce Queen, and it makes me mad. Then, he started being nice and talking to her and wanting her help with things. Listening to her advice that she gave." Nya growled as she placed an attack on her brother.