Chapter 26 : Smiling to hide the pain

«   I'm trying, to move on, forget you, but I hold on
Everything means nothing, everything means nothing, babe
I'm trying, to move on, forget you, but I hold on
Everything means nothing if I can't have you 

If I can't have you - Shawn Mendes  »

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

It was a beautiful morning. Blackbirds, robins, and thrushes are the first to begin singing. Until the sunrise fades. The delectable aroma of freshly made pancakes filled her nosetrils.

Something was missing.

The best part of her life is missing, but here is her, standing on her feet, just like she used to. She was exhausted, but this time she was going to try again, even though it was the hardest thing to do. She didn't know how to survive when the familiar figure entered Parks' mansion, overflowing with her memories. She walked slowly towards the door, her trembling hands gripping the doorknob and opening it.

"Good morning," he said to Eun Hye, who was staring him down from head to toe. Is he attempting to imitate him for some reason, or is it just my imagination?!! Eun Hye, get up before you embrace yourself. Eun Hye heard her inner self calling her out. There was an awkward pause.

"Morning," Eun Hye replied, her face blank. She clenched her fists and grit her teeth, trying her best not to show how broken she was. On the other hand, despite his wince at Eun Hye's harsh tone, he tried hard not to drop his smile. Hiding his hurt expression, he stepped into the living room. 

There were Mr. and Mrs. Park, as well as his mother and his father. Not surprisingly, their parents announced that they should marry. He smiled cheerfully, knowing that he still had feelings for Eun Hye. Eun Hye didn't. She treated him as if he were a friend or a brother. Her companion. Heeseung is the one who is going to arrange her marriage.

She wanted to decline, but she decided to try this out with Mr. and Mrs. Park. They were the world to her. They are the ones who have looked after her since her parents died. They never treated her like trash. They treated the same way they treat their own child Rose. Eun Hye was glad to have them. She finally saw the smile they'd been hiding for months. Because of her shattered behavior, they worried about her and she never saw her cheerful parents, but now everything is going to be okay. Hopefully.   

Forgetting him was hard. Silently in pain, she closed her eyes to regrain herself. Even though he broke her into pieces, she was still in love with the missing gorgeous. She asked herself if she was blind. Blind from love. Without a clue, she looked for an answer. She is tired of answering the same question every day. Everyone asked her "Are you okay? "desperately when she was shattered. Deep emotions are stirred up. A single tear squeezed out her eyes, but before anyone saw it, she harshly wiped it away from her sleeves. She quickly greeted them and went back to her room, not daring to look into anyone's eyes.

Rose bit her lips hard, not letting her down at the moment, looking at her sister. She felt veiny hands wrapped around her securely. She weakly smiled at the familiar warmth. Heeseung's heart arched seeing how Eun Hye was doing even after years. He felt guilt. He thought he was the one who ruined her life, but there is nothing to do now. He is late. They are late. He wanted to hold her tight. He wants to see Eun Hye, who smiled always, but on the other hand, he is afraid. If he does this marriage, will she hate him more, which does not make this any better.

[ pic credits goes to real owner ]

---------------------------------------

Hi sugarplums , 

Don't forget to vote and comment

Don't forget to vote and comment .

Stay safe.

Love y'll.