Chapter 33 : Nameless promises

« If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see
I'll be the light to guide you

Count On Me - Bruno Mars  »

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Eun Hye tosses her flower boquet, decorated with yellow and white daisey flowers, over her shoulders and into a group of single ladies. Whoever catches the bouquet is supposedly "next" to walk down the aisle. She looked around and saw one of her university classmates was the lucky lady. She smiled at her and bid goodbye to everyone.

The wedding car, which is a limousine, is proudly decorated with elegant ogernza and flower bows. The car stands out from the crowd with pretty white bows adorned with flowers attached to the back of the car's door handles. They'll flutter in the wind. The driver starts the engine when the newly married couple hopes to. 

An awkward silence settled between them. Eun Hye seemed determined to stare out of the window, leaving Heeseung silent. He stared out the window for a minute, then decided to break the silence.

"Eun Hye, I know you are not fully moved on, but let's try this okay." Heeseung looked at her with hopeful eyes. She just hummed at him and continued to look out of the window. Heeseung closed his eyes to take a little nap as there were still hours to reach the hotel where they were staying for their wedding night. Heeseung asked Eun Hye to go first. When heading to the room, the path was decorated with flower petals. It's a cutely lit flower carpet.

When she unlocked the bedroom door, she found a decorated room for wedding night with a flower chandelier on top of the bed. The combination of roses makes it more exotic. "Shit! Why did I forget about the wedding night? " Eun Hye cursed under her breath. She felt her body shaking. Her eyes shot open, inhaling a large amount of air when she felt a sudden skinship.

"Do you want me to order another room for us? I know you don't need this and you want to take all of this slowly. " Heeseung asked while wrapping his arms around Eun Hye. He felt fat tears dripping down his hand. When he turned around, Eun Hye was crying her heart out again. He couldn't bear this. It's the last thing Heeseung wants to see. He felt a pang in his heart.

"Sh... It's okay. Everything will be alright. " Heeseung stroked her hair softly and wiped the sweat which was drooling down from Eun Hye's forehead.

"Why are you doing this? Aren't there any other pretty girls outside? Why? " Eun Hye's voice cracked. Heeseung didn't know how to answer the question. He wanted to change the subject.

"Huh! Now you're telling me. I'm not handsome enough to marry you, right? Okay, Heeseung was hurt. How can you do this to your best friend? " Heeseung gasped dramatically. Eun Hye looked at him with wide eyes and the next second she broke down laughing. 

"You think you're handsome. Aigoo, but you are cute, not handsome. " Heeseung glared and turned the other way, making Eun Hye laugh again.He secretly smiled. He succeeded in changing her sore mood.

"You think you're beautiful." He asked playfully.

"Duh! Why not? " She said, while flipping her hair like a drama queen. Heeseung stared at her for a while.

"Boy, I know I'm pretty. No need to stare at me that long. " She said smirking, but her smirk disappeared when she heard what he said next.

"I just think that why do my parents want an ugly daughter-in-law that much? " He smirked back and started running to save his dear life, opening the bedroom door widely.

One of the garden cleaning old ladies looked in the direction where she heard a loud laughing sound.

"Yah! You idiot, come here. Ahhh fuck you! " Eun Hye is running to catch Heeseung while trying not to fall because of her wedding dress. The old lady got a wrong idea from what she heard. Her mouth was hanging open. She looked at Heeseung and Eun Hye and mumbled, "Oh my my, kids these days." She ran away, not wanting to watch anything inappropriate, but the real situation was totally different and funny.

As the days passed, they grew fond of each other. Love kept increasing, but they still seemed apprehensive. The right word to name their relationship was not less than a mystery. Heeseung called it love, but Eun Hye didn't call it a thing. All the time, she remains silent but she did all the things as a wife she needed to do.

-------------------------

Hi Sugarplums ,

Don't forget to vote and comment

Stay safe. Wear your mask. 

Love you.