Chapter 31 : Inked

«  I got my driver's license last week
Just like we always talked about
'Cause you were so excited for me
To finally drive up to your house
But today I drove through the suburbs
Crying 'cause you weren't around

 Drivers license - Olivia Rodrigo   »

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Eun Hye ran out of the cafe and got into a taxi. She wipped her tears from her sleeves and adjusted herself. Clearing her throat, she said where she wanted to go to the taxi driver, who was already waiting for the answer.

"Go to the Oblong cemetery"

She saw the cemetery name board. She paid the taxi driver and got out. When she was about to step out, the taxi driver, who looked like he was in his mid sixtys, said "I hope your loved one is in a better place". Giving him a smile, she mumbled a small thank you. She went straight to the flower shop to buy a flower bouquet. The old lady in the flower shop came.

"What do you need, darling?" Eun Hye was lost in her thoughts while looking at a flower. Touching the flower petals, she turned to the lovely voice.

"Umm... what's this flower grandma? It seems a bit familiar to me. " Eun Hye pointed at a flower pot that was kept in the corner to sell.

"Oh! This one? It's Morning Glory

"Oh! This one? It's Morning Glory. Is it your birth flower? " She asked kindly.

"No, mine is Carnation. Can I buy that pot? "

"Oh! okay. Dear, let me help you. " The flower shop lady covered it up and gave it to Eun Hye. She took it to the graveyard where she visited after a long time. There he is. After Jungkook's death, the Kim family made a grave stone beside Jungkook's grandmother's dead body because his body was kept in a police cemetery to find more clues.

She put that pot there when she rewinded the words that the flower shop lady said. She said, "This flower, Morning Glory, blooms and dies within a single day."

"Just like you, Jungkook." Eun Hye mumbled while kneeling beside the grave stone. Memories flooded her mind.

Flashback

Jungkook was sitting on his living room couch while Eun Hye was preparing the sandwich.

"Here you go," Eun Hye handed the sandwitch plate to Jungkook. He put the plate beside him and pulled her into his lap. Eun Hye blushed at the sudden close.

"Kookie, what are you doing? If someone barges in? " Eun struggled to run away from Jungkook's tight grip.

"Who? No one will come at this time. Are you being a shy princess now? " Jungkook asked with a smug look on his face. He got a little slap on his arm from Eun Hye. She looked away like an angry puppy. Jungkook chuckled and kissed her shoulder.