Braeden vs Gabe, Round 1!

Braeden's POV

I woke up early in the morning. It was 7:00 am, my battle with Gabe starts at 8, and class is at 9. Jolteon was asleep at the foot of my bed but woke up at the same time as I did. I sat up in my bed and pulled out Scorbunny's Poké ball. I opened it up and Scorbunny popped out.

"Scorbun!" Scorbunny said.

"Alright Scorbunny, Jolteon, we've got a big battle today. You two are the only ones that I can count on... are you guys up for it?" I asked my Pokémon.

"Jolt!" Jolteon barked as his fur sparked yellow with electricity.

"Scor!" Scorbunny said as it threw two kicks into the air.

"Great! Thanks guys!" I said as I returned Scorbunny to its Poké ball.

I began getting dressed and putting my usual outfit on. My jet black shirt, with black pants that had white stripes on the sides of the leg. Finally, my black headband that I always wore. I opened up my door and walked out of my dorm room and began heading to the school.

As I neared the school's battlefield lots of students were standing around the area waiting for the battle.

"Braeden you're here!" I heard Blu's voice as he walked up to me.

"Hey Blu. I'm ready for this man I know I got this!" I confidently said.

"Jolt!" Jolteon barked.

"Well... uh yeah I hope you win dude." Blu said with a sweat drop.

"Is Gabe here yet?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's waiting for you at the battlefield." Blu said.

I nodded towards Jolteon and he nodded back as we began walking to the battlefield. The large crowd of people were already sitting on the bleachers, it wasn't the entire school but maybe around 50 or 60 people were there. Gabe was standing in the middle of the battlefield.

"Hey it's Braeden!" One of the kids said as Gabe turned around.

"Woo!"

"Start the battle!"

"Go Gabe!"

Students cheered.

"So you actually showed up." Gabe said.

"Yeah! I wasn't gonna back out." I said, then I saw her. The pretty girl with the long black hair. She was standing in the bleachers with the other students, but another girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes was talking to her watching as well.

"Well I'm glad you brought that ego... I can't wait to crush it." Gabe said as he began walking to the opposite side of the battlefield. I ignored him as I did the same.

A student wearing a referee shirt that he bought from the dollar store obviously, stood in the middle of the battlefield.

"Alright! This will be a 2 on 2 battle! No substitutions! When two Pokémon on the same side have been knocked out the battle is over! Understand?" He said.

"Yes." I responded.

"Sure." Gabe said.

"Alright then please bring out your Pokémon!"

"Scorbunny Go!" I yelled throwing out my Poké Ball, it opened up and Scorbunny appeared.

"Scorbun!" Scorbunny said doing a backflip.

"Heh... this will be fun." Gabe said throwing out a Poké ball. The ball opened up and a white Pokémon appeared. It was a Froslass,

"Fros..." Froslass smiled sinisterly.