Junior Tournament Passion With A Certain Charm!

Emily's POV

I woke up kinda early. It was sunrise and around 7 am. I got up out of my bed and stretched my arms. After washing my face, and brushing my teeth, I got dressed and ready for the day. I wanted to go find Braeden.

I walked out of my hotel room, and down to the lobby. It was empty, except for two familiar voices... Gabe and Caroline?

"So tell me, do you have a strategy for battling Braeden?" Caroline asked Gabe.

"I've got plans. You'll see." Gabe said.

"You know, you and Braeden really influence each other a lot." Caroline said to Gabe.

"What? What do you mean?" Gabe asked her.

"Nothing." Caroline said. "And one more thing, win this. Don't underestimate Braeden's skill. Beat him and become champion."

"I will." Gabe said with determination.

"Good, I'll be cheering for you tomorrow." Caroline said as I watched her walk out the doors of the hotel.

"Huh?" Gabe said as he turned around and noticed me.

"O-Oh... uh..." I started.

"Heh..." Gabe smirked as he started walking away.

"H-Hey wait!" I said as I walked to catch up with him and we walked side by side.

"So how's he doing?" Gabe asked.

"You mean Braeden?" I said. "He's still asleep, but he'll be ready to battle you tomorrow. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know." Gabe shrugged as we walked through the Junior Tournament plaza.

"Mhm..." I said.

A few moments of silence went by as we walked.

"I just don't like him..." Gabe started.

"What...?" I said.

"The things he says... that Pokémon are friends, and to give them your trust, it frustrates me that he thinks he's right." Said Gabe.

"But Gabe, that's just how Braeden trains his Pokémon, why can't you respect that?" I asked.

"Look, Braeden is just like any other trainer in the Junior Tournament." Gabe said.

"Emily hey!" I heard Braeden yelling.

"Jolt!" Jolteon barked.

Gabe and I looked ahead and saw Braeden and Jolteon heading towards us.

"And I'm going to wipe the floor with him tomorrow and become champion." Gabe finished before Braeden reached us.

"H-Hey Braeden." I sweat dropped as I quickly stood next to him.

"Good morning, I was just running with Jolteon, we have so much energy we're too excited for tomorrow!" Braeden said to me.

Braeden and Gabe then glared at each other.

"Jolt..." Jolteon said.

"The whole region is going to be watching Gabe, let's make it a great battle." Braeden said to Gabe.

"I plan to." Gabe smirked as he walked away from Braeden and me.

"Hey Braeden?" I said.

"Yeah? What's up?" Braeden replied.

"What if... you lose tomorrow?" I nervously said looking at the ground.

"What... do you mean?" Braeden replied as if I had just crushed his spirit.