Your Story

Braeden's POV

It was a few days after my battle against Preston, and the weekend had ended. It was a pretty uneventful weekend but now that's it's over means today was Monday and it was time for school again.

As Jolteon and I walked into the commons, I saw Preston talking with Gabe and Quan, there was some new girl there too.

"B-But I tried my best! Lucario tried its best!" Preston said.

"If that's seriously your "best", then I really can't be seen with you." Gabe said.

"Sorry Preston." Quan said in a tone that didn't sound very sorry.

"That was loss was pretty embarrassing." Said that girl I didn't recognize.

She had long bleach blonde hair. Almost similar to Jayden's but way brighter. She had a big penguin Pokémon that I had never seen before standing by her side.

"Caroline I know for sure that I could beat you and Empoleon!" Preston argued.

"What's going on?" I heard a familiar voice.

It was that guy Dj that I had met on Friday.

"I'm um, not sure." I said.

"I mean if you want to battle we can." The girl Caroline said.

"Empol!" Her Empoleon said.

"Nah. Don't waste your time battling him, it'll just make your Pokémon weaker." Gabe said with an eye roll. "Let's get out of here."

Gabe and his friends then walked away leaving Preston by himself. Preston dropped his head and sighed.

"Oh man..." I said.

"Did they just... cut him off because he lost?" Dj asked.

"Looks like it." I said, Dj then stood behind me and started pushing me over to Preston. "W-Woah what are you doing?!"

"Come on let's go." Dj said as he kept pushing me.

We reached Preston and Preston just looked us. He was clearly upset.

"Uh what's up?" He said.

"We just saw what happened." Dj said.

"Oh..." Preston said.

I felt really bad... not for winning, but for what Gabe was saying to Preston. From what I could see they were his only friends.

"Preston you're uh, welcome to hangout with us." I said to him.

"I... I don't know." Preston said.

"Aw come on, we're a great bunch." Said Dj.

"It'll be fun." I smiled.

Preston still looked skeptical.

"Alright, fine." Preston said.

"Great." Dj smiled.

"Morning fellas." We heard Milli as he and Shimon walked up to greet us.

"Preston?" Shimon said.

"Preston's gonna be hanging with us now." I said.

"Why?" Milli asked.

"Because Gabe is a dirt bag." Dj said.

"I-" Shimon started. "You know what, that's a good enough reason for me, great to finally be acquainted Preston."

"Yeah, hope we can be cool." Milli said putting his fist out in front of Preston for a fist bump.

Preston's eyes widened, it's like he was surprised at real friendship.