Students Clash! Braeden vs Ex!

Braeden's POV

Today was the day. School was over for the week, and it was the weekend which means... it's time for my battle against Ex!

When I woke up, I excitedly sprung out of bed.

"Jolt!" Jolteon barked as he jumped up.

"You ready Jolteon? I'll be counting on you today!" I said as I began getting dressed and washing my face and brushing my teeth.

Jolteon's eyes sparkled. I felt bad because he didn't get to battle at all during the Pep Rally Cup, and he hasn't gotten a chance to have an actual battle, but I'm grateful to him for being so patient, and cheering on Excadrill and Buizel.

"Jolteon! Jolt!" He excitedly barked and jumped up and down.

"Great! Let's go!" I said as the two of us ran out of my dorm room.

The first thing I did, was go to Emily's room and bang on her door. My battle was at 10:00 am and the time was 9:30 am.

She opened the door. Her hair was all messy and she rubbed her eyes. She looked really cute.

"Braeden... it's so early." She groaned.

I laughed.

"Emily, I'm about to have a 2 on 2 battle against Ex!" I said to her.

"Ex?" She said.

"The guy who had the Hydreigon in the Pep Rally Cup! Remember?!" I exclaimed.

She looked like she was about to fall over and sleep.

"Oh... him." She sleepily said.

"Do... you want to come watch?" I laughed.

"Yeah... I'll yawn be right down..." She said.

I smiled and sighed.

"It's okay, go back to sleep, and don't worry I'll definitely win! Come on Jolteon!" I said as I ran off with my partner.

"Good luck..." I heard Emily moan before she shut her door.

Finally, the time had come. Dylan, Preston, Blu, Dj, Hector, Lee, Shimon, Milli, Jailen, and even Jayden, were all outside on the bleachers. I stood on a side of the battlefield. Ex hadn't shown up yet.

"Do you think he forgot?" Jailen said.

"No way!" I said to Jailen. "He challenged me! He wouldn't no show!"

"We'll see soon." Said Jayden.

"There he is." Said Dylan.

Ex then walked up the battlefield his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Sorry for being late. But I'm ready for this." Ex said with a confident smile.

I smiled back.

"Glad to hear it Ex!" I said.

"Good luck you two!" Said Milli.

"Yeah give us a good battle!" Hector said.

Dylan stood in the referee position.

"I'll referee if you two don't mind." Said Dylan.

"Fine by me!" I said.

"Sounds good." Said Ex.

"Okay! This 2 on 2 battle will now begin! The battle is over when both Pokémon on either side are unable to battle. Do you agree?" Dylan asked.

"Yes." Ex and I both said.