Grand And Ion Trials

Dylan's POV

"The Altar of the Sunne and Moone?" I asked.

"Oh come ON! How can you be born in Alola but not know what the Altar of the Sunne and Moone are?!" Mercedes exclaimed.

"I told you already, I moved to Johto when I was younger." I told her.

"Yeah yeah whatever." Mercedes eye rolled.

"Incin..." Incineroar also eye rolled.

I was doing really well at UA, helping with defeating Ultra Beasts as well as doing the Island Challenge so I can compete in Alola's Junior Tournament. But right now, I was eating breakfast with Mercedes and she was telling me about the Altar of the Sunne and Moone before my first grand trial battle.

"So I've heard that the legendary Pokémon Solgaleo and Lunala will appear from Ultra Wormholes at the altar." Said Mercedes.

"That means they're Ultra Beasts?" I asked.

Mercedes shrugged.

"Dunno. Even if they are Ultra Beasts, they're still legendary Pokémon." She said putting our styrofoam bowls in the trash.

"That's pretty incredible." I spoke.

"Mhm... so are you ready for your Grand Trial?" Mercedes asked.

"Yep. I'm still not 100% sure who I should use though." I said.

"You're not going to use Zeraora?" She asked.

"Nah. Not yet anyway." I told her. "I think I might just go with Incineroar."

"Cineroar!" Incineroar excitedly said.

"Can't go wrong there. I have some things that I have to take care of, but good luck, and be careful of Team Ion." She said as she walked out of the room and left UA.

"Incineroar I'll be counting on you today, let's win this." I told my partner.

"Incin!" Incineroar said.

I stepped outside of UA, and began running through Hau'oli City. I was to battle the Kahuna of Melemele Island to win my first Grand Trial. In Alola, there's 4 Grand Trial's and once you've won all 4, you can enter the Junior Tournament.

I ran to Iki Town, where the first Kahuna lived. A man named Gerald. I finally arrived there with Incineroar, this was also the town I was born, and Kahuna Gerald also happened to be my uncle.

I walked towards his house and knocked on there. My uncle had a big smile on his face when he saw me.

"Dylan! It's been years since I've seen you! Look how big you've gotten!" He excitedly said.

"Good to see you too Uncle Gerald!" I said giving him a hug.

"What brings you here? I thought you were living in Johto now?" He asked me.

I took some time to tell him everything that had happened since I left Alola, specifically PM Academy, and about Gabe.

"Ah... this Gabe guy sounds like a real jerk. But you did what was best for you and your Pokémon by taking the Island Challenge." Gerald said.

"And I'm ready for my first Grand Trial as well!" I told him.

"Oh? So you've defeated Totem Gumshoos over in Verdant Cavern?" He asked.

"Yep!" I said flashing the Normalium Z Crystal that I received from the totem Pokémon.

"Excellent! I'd be happy to battle you!" Said Gerald.