Dragon Battle! Braeden vs The Dark Combatant!

Braeden's POV

The school week had flew by since Monday when Mrs. Marrow announced the school dance. Today was Friday... which means it's exams. But only for everyone in the battle program since the other programs only needed one exam to graduate, theirs were held off for a while.

I really want to win today. I want to be able to go home to my dad and show him my exam seals. All 3. Emily is also going to be there as well as Jayden and Savannah. I can't lose, I won't!

I got dressed, brushed my teeth and washed my face, and pulled my headband on.

"Ready Jolteon?" I said.

"Jolt!" Jolteon barked.

I've been feeling sad lately, solely because of what's going on with Emily and Carson. But having my Pokémon by my side and my amazing friends makes everything feel a lot better.

"Braeden Wilson, please report to battlefield A." I heard the voice on the speaker from outside my dorm room.

"Looks like we're first." I told Jolteon.

"Jolt!" Jolteon barked.

When I opened up my door, all of the guys were there. Dylan, Blu, Lee, Hector, Shimon, Milli, Dj, Preston and even Tuco and Jailen were all outside my door. They looked happy when they saw me.

"Braeden yo!" Said Milli.

"H-Hey guys." I said.

Preston put his hand on my shoulder.

"We know you've been feeling down lately, so we're all coming to watch your battle! All of us!" Preston said.

"Yup!"

"That's right!

"And you're going to win!"

"No doubt!"

I began to tear up. All of the support from my friends was enough to bring me to tears. I wiped my tears away.

"Thanks guys." I said.

"Jayden, Savannah, and Emily are all already there." Said Dylan.

"Emily is there?" I asked.

"Yeah! So let's go!" Shimon said.

I smiled.

"Okay! Let's go!" I said.

Our whole group began making our way to the gym. When we got there, we opened the gym doors, and walked inside. Mr. Kaplan, Mr. Wallace, and Mrs. Marrow were all sitting at the judges table.

"Hi Braeden!" I heard Emily say.

"Good luck!" Said Jayden.

"You got this!" Said Savannah.

"Thank you guys." I said.

"Alright Braeden, we're heading up to the bleachers you got this!" Said Lee.

"I believe in you!" Jailen said.

"Nothing but W's!" Said Hector.

"Right!" I nodded my head as my friends walked up the bleachers and joined the girls.

I stood on the battlefield, but my exam teacher wasn't there yet.

"Um excuse me but where is my exam teacher? Are they late?" I asked.

"Your exam teacher will be none other than the Dark Combatant." Said Mr. Wallace.

"The Dark Combatant?" I said. "Who's that?"