Determination

Braeden's POV

I woke up early for school. Today was the day. Butterfree's fluttered in my stomach from my nerves. I have to hit that 2,000 mark. It's not that I don't believe in Scorbunny... I'm just nervous.

I got up from my bed and headed to my bathroom, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and combed my hair. I put on my normal clothes and finished with tying my headband around my head.

"Jolt?" Jolteon said as he started to wake up.

"Good morning Jolteon." I smiled as I rubbed his head. "We've got a big day today."

"Jolt!" Jolteon barked and jumped up and down.

After a few more moments, Jolteon and I were ready to leave for school. Jolteon ate some Oran berries, but I skipped breakfast.

I walked out of the dorm hall, and began going to commons. Students stood there and talked before the morning bell and it was crowded as usual. I saw Shimon and Milli talking, but I couldn't find Blu anywhere. I went to go meet them.

"Good morning guys." I said.

"Braeden what's up?" Milli spoke.

"What's going on dude?" Shimon smiled.

"Jolt!" Jolteon barked as if to say hello.

"Nothing much. I'm pretty nervous for battle tactics class." I said.

"Ah you'll be fine! You did great in our battle yesterday." Milli said.

I laughed.

"Come on, I know you and Infernape were holding back. If you wanted you could've knocked Scorbunny out with a single mach punch." I said.

Milli rubbed the back of his head.

"Guess it was that obvious huh..." Milli nervously said.

"Well it wouldn't be training if you had just knocked Scorbunny out from the start." Shimon laughed.

"GUYS!" We heard Blu yell as he started awkwardly running towards us.

"Woah dude relax." Shimon said.

"Blu are you alright?" I asked him.

"I-I, I was heading to the commons, and I passed the battlefield where we had our entrance exam." He started, clearly out of breath from running.

"Yeah? So?" Milli said.

"There was some new kid that scored a 99%!" He almost yelled.

"A 99%?!" Me, Milli, and Shimon yelled at the same time.

"Yeah! That's the highest score yet!" Blu said.

"Gabe got a 98%..." I said.

"Who is this new guy?" Shimon said. "Did you see what kind of Pokémon he had used?"

"I remember there was a big red and black tiger Pokémon. It stood on both it's legs." Blu said.

"Red and black tiger on both legs... sounds like an Incineroar." Said Milli.

"So what did this guy look like?" I asked Blu.

"He had dark hair, and wore kaki brown shorts, and a white t-shirt." Blu said.

Shimon started to point in a direction.

"Is that him?" He said and we all turned our heads to where he was pointing.

A boy that Blu had perfectly described began walking down the hallway, and into the commons. He held a piece of paper in his hands, which I assumed was his score for the entrance exam. At his side, was an Incineroar, and it looked powerful.