Answers in the Winding Woods

Preston's POV

"J-Just a little more Lucario!" I said to my partner.

"Ra!" Lucario said.

We were climbing up Mt. Mortar. I was training under a man named Hue for my internship in the Johto Region. He said we were to climb Mt. Mortar by sundown and time was almost up.

I grabbed a chunk of rock wall and finally pulled myself up to the top then I helped Lucario up.

"We're here!" I panted.

"Lura!" Lucario said.

We noticed a small hut a few meters away from us and we decided to walk towards it.

When we reached it there was small table with two rocks on it and a sign that read, "Take your reward, and your destiny.".

I looked at the stones. One was filled with the colors of the rainbow and had a DNA like symbol in the middle of it. The other stone was orange with a blue and red symbol in the middle.

 The other stone was orange with a blue and red symbol in the middle

"Is this... what I think it is?!" I exclaimed.

Braeden's POV

"Pinsir..." Pinsir said as it fell to the ground and fainted.

"Nice job Aerodactyl!" I said.

"Aero!" Aerodactyl cried triumphantly.

Our training in the forest was going great and to be perfectly honest, I was having a great time! Aerodactyl and I would gather up all the fruit from trees would could find, and we even made small tents out of sticks for us to lay under when it got dark and it was time to sleep. There was also plenty of fresh water. During the day time was when Aerodactyl and I would train. There were lots of fierce and strong wild Pokémon, but Aerodactyl and I work together and defeated them all.

Right now, we were heading back to our tent since it was starting to get dark.

"Great work today Aerodactyl! You're definitely getting stronger." I said.

"Aero!" Aerodactyl smiled.

Soon, we made it back to our tent. Aerodactyl and I decided to lie down next to it so we could look up at the starry night.

"You know Aerodactyl, I was thinking about what Shaq said." I started.

"Aero?" Aerodactyl said.

"About how eventually, we're going to battle Gabe again. I still feel afraid to battle with him though... every time I even think about it I'm remembered of his incredible strength." I started.

"Dactyl..." Said Aerodactyl.

"But I don't want that fear to stop me. I don't have to be afraid... because I've got you by my side Aerodactyl." I smiled.