The Semifinal Frontier! Braeden vs Milli!

Braeden's POV

"Alright, it's time to battle Milli!" I told my Pokémon.

We were in the long hallway that let to the battlefield platforms, and I had my full team out of their Poké Balls to give them one last pep talk.

"Jolt!"

"Cinda!"

"Floa!"

"Exca!"

"Bow!"

"Aero!" They all nodded with determined faces.

"I know I've made mistakes in the past, but you guys are still with me, and that means a lot. You're the best team ever." I said looking at each and every one of my partners. "I believe in your more than I can say! Let's win this thing, together!" I raised my fist into the air.

Jolt!"

"Cinda!"

"Floa!"

"Exca!"

"Bow!"

"Aero!" They all excitedly said.

Milli's POV

It's finally time... I've been looking forward to this Braeden!

Emily's POV

"Braeden is battling Milli... I'm getting kinda nervous..." I said.

"So how strong is Milli?" Bella asked.

"He was in the top 5 strongest trainers of our academy." Said Lee.

"Wait til you see this... Milli has an extremely unique battle style. He teaches his Pokémon to intercept attacks without using attacks of his own." Said Preston.

"But he also battles with passion just like Braeden does. It's like the same battle vibe is in both of them." Said Shimon.

"You think so?" Hector said.

"Braeden and Milli have trained a lot together, so in a way they're similar but in another way they're also opposites." Said Blu.

"One things for certain this battle will be a good one." Said Dylan.

"The first battle of the semifinals is here, and our trainers are making their entrances!" Lenny started as the crowd began to cheer.

Braeden and Milli began walking across the long platforms and waited for the battlefield to rise up. They both wore confident smiles.

"Good luck guys!" Shimon yelled.

"Make it a great battle!" Said Dj.

"It's time." Milli said to Braeden. "Sorry Braeden, but I've got to beat you here!"

"Alright! Bring it on!" Braeden said back to Milli. "This ones mine!"

"And now for the battlefield..." Said Lenny as the battlefield began rising up to connect with the platforms. "It's a dirt battlefield!"

The regular battlefield finally connected to the platforms and the crowd cheered as the referee got ready to speak.

"Braeden vs Milli! Competing head-to-head in our first semifinal battle! Each trainer will have the use of 6 Pokémon, and substitutions are allowed. When all 6 of either trainer's Pokémon are unable to continue, the battle will be over! When either side have lost 3 Pokémon, the battlefield will change. Trainers, please bring out your first Pokémon!" The referee said.

"Excadrill let's go!" Braeden yelled as he threw out his Poké Ball and Excadrill appeared.

"Exca!" Excadrill said.