22 - Numb

Bakugo's POV:

I woke up to my alarm at 5:30 am, rolling out of bed almost immediately. I was usually pretty good at getting up in the morning, since I usually fall asleep around 8.

Can't get stronger if I'm asleep

I looked over at Todoroki, who was still sleeping, and sighed.

I should call Aizawa right about now

He needs a day off

Especially after yesterday

His head is gonna hurt from those drugs, and that training must've taken a toll on him too. That's not even including the blood loss, and his current mental state.

He needs a day off

But there's no way I'm leaving him here by himself

I sat at my desk and took out my phone to text Mr. Aizawa.

[Mr. Aizawa]

B - Hey, are we doing anything important in class today?

A - Just normal combat training, but it's all important. Why?

Damn I love combat training

B - I was just gonna ask if Todoroki and I could take a day off. I think he needs it really badly, and I don't wanna leave him by himself. I'm sure you've noticed the way he's been recently, right?

A - I have. However, he told me it was only lack of sleep.

B - Yeah well he was lying, it's a lot more than that.

A - I suppose I won't pry, but tell him to come talk to me whenever he comes back to school.

A - Do whatever you need to, but just know class isn't going to stop for you. You'll have to catch up on your own time. But I'll excuse it.

B - Alright thanks

I turned my phone off and sighed, glancing back over at him. He was asleep, but still appeared to be exhausted.

I guess I'll let him sleep

I left my dorm and walked downstairs to the common area, then to the kitchen to make breakfast. I was one of the only ones in the dorms who could cook, so I usually ended up making breakfast for mostly everyone.

Extras

I decided to make several small portions of rice, miso soup, and grilled fish for whoever wanted some.

I know Shitty Hair and Dunce Face will have some

Then there's me and probably a few others.

Six servings should be enough

A lot of people don't even come down to eat breakfast anyways.

After about half an hour, I finished making everyone's meals. People gradually started coming out of their rooms and down to the kitchen.

"Hey, Bakugo."

"Yeah?"

Kirishima sat at the kitchen island in front of me.

"What's for breakfast?"

"Miso soup, rice, and grilled chicken."

"Sounds great." I heard Kaminari say from across the room, walking over. "It's good that at least one of us can cook."