29 - Unseen

This literally took me hours so I'm posting it here lmao ^^^^

Todoroki's POV:

I arrived at the gym eventually, heading straight to the punching bags. I didn't bother to wear gloves or wrap my hands. A part of me wanted my hands to bleed.

I stayed there for a few hours at least, punching and kicking practically nonstop. My body was exhausted, but my thoughts never stopped. All I could think of were the things Endeavor had said. How right he really was about me.

I had believed the things Bakugo had been telling me, or at least I was starting to believe him. But he's wrong about me. I am weak.

That's why...

I need to be stronger...

I began punching harder, blood dripping from my bruised knuckles. I didn't care about the pain. I was completely zoned out.

Suddenly someone grabbed my arm, causing me to cringe a bit. I stopped punching the bag and looked to my left. Bakugo was standing there, looking concerned.

"I texted you but you didn't answer, so I figured you were here."

"Oh. I assume it's around lunchtime then?"

"It's like 2 pm, I texted you an hour ago."

"Sorry, I haven't looked at my phone much."

"Yeah."

He was still holding my arm, probably looking for any sign that I was in pain, which I was. However, I remained completely emotionless. He let go.

"Anyways, let's go get some food. I'm starving."

"You could've gotten food without me you know."

"Eh."

I grabbed my stuff and headed to the locker rooms to change. I went to grab the door handle, but Bakugo grabbed my hand abruptly, pulling it closer to him as if he were investigating it.

"You're hands are bleeding a lot. How long have you been here?"

"A couple hours."

"Wrap your damn hands next time. You're knuckles could be broken right now and knowing you, you'd never know the difference."

"What do you mean?"

He wiped away the blood, revealing the dark bruises.

"You're knuckles are practically black Todoroki."

"So?"

"In case you haven't noticed, that's not supposed to happen!!!"

I shrugged it off and pulled my hand away, walking into the locker room. I was about to change when I remembered the cuts.

I can't change in front of him

He'll definitely be looking for them...

"Why are you just standing there?"

"I uh... forgot a change of clothes. I'll just take a quick shower before I go. There's a place down the road that has really good katsudon, you know it?"

"Yeah."

"I'll just meet you there in like twenty minutes."

"Okay I guess, but answer your damn phone this time."

He left the locker room and I rolled up my sleeve. He didn't reopen any cuts, but they were stinging really badly. I cursed under my breath.

It's really fucking hot in here...