59 - Choice

**time skip**

Bakugo's POV:

I zipped up my jacket and took out my phone.

Noon

Okay

We have about an hour to get there

Today was the day I scheduled for Todoroki to talk to his mom. We worked out the details and decided to meet for lunch at 1:00.

I looked over at Todoroki, standing in front of the bathroom mirror, not looking at himself. He was looking down and leaning on the sink, tapping his fingers nervously on the side. His hands were shaking.

"You okay?" I asked, walking over slowly.

He looked up at the mirror and put a hand over his scar, sighing.

"It's okay if you're not ready. I know she'll understand."

"I...." He let out a shaky breath and his hands began to tremble more noticeably.

"It's okay. I can call her."

"No. It's okay. I'm gonna panic no matter when I decide to go see her. It may as well be now."

"Okay. Well if you start panicking while we're there just subtly let me know and I'll do the talking. Okay?"

"Okay..." He looked down. "I don't know why I'm so nervous."

"I do." I blurted out, not thinking.

"What do you mean?"

I sighed.

"You're nervous because you.... well..... it's been a long time you know? Anyone would be nervous."

"But that's not what you were about to say."

"No."

"Then what?"

"You're nervous because you're scared of rejection."

"Th.... That's not true..."

"I'm not dumb Todoroki. I see it. You obsess over the things you hate about yourself, and you assume she'll hate them too."

"I never.... I never said that..."

"Yeah I know. You didn't say anything. But I know you."

He stayed silent for a second, then sat down on the bed.

"What if she does?"

"What do you mean?"

"What if she does hate me? I mean she didn't make an effort to see me before. It was just a coincidence we ran into each other. She never tried to contact me before. What's different now? She clearly just forgot about me or didn't want to see me."

"Todoroki. Think about what you're saying. You know her better than anyone. Do you really think she's the type to hate anyone? She doesn't even hate your father, after everything he did to her. Why on earth would she hate you of all people?"

"Because I....."

He sighed.

"I know my mother. She's a good person....but... I'm a bad person.... so she-"

"You're not a bad person Todoroki. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe she's scared too? She did give you that scar, and then left for years. She probably thinks that you're the one who doesn't want to see her."

"But that's not true. I don't hate her for any of those things."

"But think of this from her perspective."