Health

"Loki?"

Nyx's hands were glued to her pounding head, her eyes extremely heavy to the point she didn't know if she was capable of keeping them open for very long.

She pulled her knees close to her chest as she realized the blood on her feet had dried and the sky outside was lighter than when she passed out. Thor had her bedroom door wide open, allowing two guards to peer in with concern. Nyx forced herself up and shut the door, both the guards flinching despite the training they took to withstand very loud noises and unpredictable actions.

Nyx hurried to her bed, a pillow lying outside and two at the foot of her bed made her room look even more damaged than before. With a broken vanity, shattered glass doors, sheets, and pillows spread all over her room, a broken nightstand, and dried blood made her room a physical embodiment of her own emotions. She couldn't help herself from chuckling at the thought.

"Nyx, why is this so funny to you? How in the hell do you know he's still alive?" Thor had his hands on Nyx's shoulders now, his mouth clenched with fury.

"What the hell happened to you?" his eyes fell to the state of her and suddenly his emotions had changed, his thoughts sounded of tumbling rocks and forest fires but now they sound almost sweet, like soft raindrops against a glass-paned window, or slightly wet sand crunching under your heels. It was sweet-sounding, his thoughts were pure and Nyx knew they were always the best feeling emotions to feel through others' thoughts.

"Thor you don't understand. He's alive." Nyx batted her eyes in an attempt to keep her eyes open. She inhaled deeply, getting to her feet weakly, and pulled her arms around Thor's waist.

For the first time in what felt like forever, Thor was at a loss for words. Her arms were so slender and limp, her heart beating very slowly yet harshly against her chest, with swollen and painfully bloodshot eyes. Thor couldn't ask much of her when she was struggling to simply stand on her own.

"Please eat, whatever nonsense you're speaking of can be explained once you eat," he confessed, his chin lain on the top of her head, the smell making him cringe but the thought of comforting his sister was more important. The words coming from her mouth seemed so unimportant when he watched the strongest woman he knew lose her battle with grief, he didn't want to see her lose herself when at war with her own mind.

"This isn't nonsense, this is Loki" she argued, yet, she didn't let go of him nor did her eyes even open. "He's not dead, Thor," she whispered softly.

"Forgive me, Brother," she begged, her body beginning to shake.

He hushed her as he had before. He pulled her close and tried to ease her pain as best he could, but she began to weep. "You've done nothing wrong," he assured.

"I have." she shifted her position, her arm wrapping around the arm cradling her. "I was so foolish. I have committed countless amount of sins and I cannot understand why you still care so deeply for me when I have confessed to all the wrongs I have done." her hoarse voice was hard to understand.

"Don't you see that none of that matters?" he questioned. She pulled away and wiped her face of tears. "I see you're trying your best and you're trying to do as you're told. I understand our duties keep us from doing what we want, so I don't blame you for shying away from the rules. And you're my sister, Nyx. There is very little that can make me lose all hope in you."

Nyx sighed. "We don't have time. I need you to listen to me."

Thor shook his head and got to his feet. "Not until you take care of yourself. I will listen once you eat. If you think you've done such terrible acts, then do this one thing for me." he choked back the tears. He was manipulating his own sister, but he kept telling himself it was for her own good.