Unknown Demons

August 26th... Technically the last time I updated, though I did revise and edit on the 9th of September. Everything at the moment is depression and preventing outbursts between family members. School is hell, time is gone, I'm exhausted every time I open my eyes. I haven't had time to write and do what I find happiness in. This has been the root of my happiness for years and although I've found other things like TV shows, movies, and books to distract me from being the opposite of happy, writing has always been my number one. Not being able to do it makes me sad. So I am very sorry for the long overdue update. I know its more of a filler, but I hope you enjoy.

A gust of wind raced against Loki as he was thrown down to Midgard. The light around him dispersed and he found himself in a white room, the sound of a door closing just as his eyes adjusted to the light. He found himself in a dark cloak, a fashionable scarf hanging around his neck and tightly fitted black jeans clung closely to his legs. He had to admit, though Asgard made him feel more glorious than ever, Midgard had much better taste in clothing. 

"I thought he'd never leave" Loki rolled his eyes. 

"Loki" it was Thor's voice, his brilliant blue, teary-eyes staring up at him. Though Thor knew Nyx mentioned that Loki might have been on his way to see Thor, actually seeing him made that entire day feel like a hazed dream. 

"What are you doing here?" he questioned, sliding forward in his seat.  

"I had to see you" Loki suddenly looked grave. 

Thor thought back to what Nyx had said about Loki coming to see him and tell him whats happened and all he could think about was what could have possibly happened in the occurrence of his banishment.

"What's happened? Tell me! Is it Jotunheim? Let me explain to-" but before the words could leave his tongue, Loki spoke the unthinkable. 

"Father is dead" and with that, the room, and the entire mood dropped silent. Thor's face grew solemn and stressed while Loki, with hidden pride, frowned. 

"What?" Thor said stunned. 

"Your banishment, the threat of a new war, it was too much for him to bare" Loki expressed dreadfully. He stared at Thor, a tinge of sorrow for his brother. 

Thor remained silent, Odin's death dawning over him. He blamed himself. 

Loki came closer to him to comfort his teary-eyed brother. "You mustn't blame yourself. I know that you loved him. I tried to tell him so, but he wouldn't listen" suddenly, Loki felt he had passed the line. He didn't feel right, he didn't feel like himself. He would never lie so heavily to Thor when deep down he knew it would scar him. He would never regain Thor's trust over something this severe. Why did he say it?

"It was cruel to put the hammer within your reach, knowing you could never lift it". Why did he say that?! He would never intend to break Thor's heart as much as he knew he did now. So why was he saying it when he knew it wasn't true?

A moment of silence pressed between their teeth before Loki broke the seal. "The burden of the throne has fallen to me now" he gently placed his hand across his heart. 

Pleading, with every ounce of grieve and need for comfort, Thor spoke sorrowfully. "Can I come home?" Thor was already in tears, he felt vulnerable and felt as weak as ever. But he couldn't try anymore, he felt like everything was against him. Like he was bound to be alone for the rest of his life. Like nobody wanted him. 

"The truce with Jotunheim is conditional upon your exhale" Loki felt broken. The sound of Thor's voice should have been enough for him to stop being so cruel, but it didn't. He continued to hammer down Thor's emotional state as if he were the victim of his gruesome murder, and Loki had to pound his skull into the ground until there was nothing left but brain matter and bone marrow.