Honing Presence

"Are you alright?" he wondered, his breathing running rapid and uneven.

Nyx remained still and silent, her eyes running wild from his glorious gaze to the worry lines between his eyebrows. "Yeah, I'm fine," she assured him, focusing on her breathing as her energy was a complete restoration. "Are you?"

Loki's eyes flickered from one eye to another, then down to her lips. He smiled timidly and slowly shook his head. "With you, I shall be forever," he whispered, his eyes glowing with eagerness.

Nyx felt her muscles relax as she stared back into the icy galaxy behind those pupils across from her but she scoffed. "Always such a charmer, aren't you?" she sighed, knowing what needed to be done. 

But then again, it was either hand Loki over to these threats or to Odin. She despised Odin for what he's done but she could not predict what these Midgardian's wanted with him either. 

Nyx took Loki into her grasp and spun him halfway. He gasped with surprise, resuming their previous position with his back to her abdomen and her hand pressing his wrist to the center of his back. She made a few steps forward as she felt Loki's exhale pleasingly. She saw there were three figures standing in the center of a disaster as she neared and instantly grew defensive. 

Trees were broken and scattered, creating a mess of a nest around them. Dust and dirt coated every surface, including Thor and the tall man dressed in blue. The metal man Thor fought with was now standing before him calmingly. Everyone heaved from the earlier disagreement. Only now, his face was replaced with a more warm one. Nyx watched from afar, waiting for someone to attack her brother. She didn't know if more people would fall from the sky, but something was bound to happen and she would not let her brother get hurt if she could help it. 

"Nyx," Thor called out defeatedly. Her blood went cold at the alarming sound. Why was he presenting her hidden presence? Why did the tone in his voice sound like he was ready to give up? Like he was ready to give them what they wanted and that was Loki. Had he known them? When Thor was exiled, did he know these people? Did he trust them? Why not take Loki home? 

So many questions invaded her thoughts as her grip on Loki's wrist loosened as she fought hard to listen to him. She refused to come out. She wouldn't do it. 

"Come out, there's one more thing we need to do before we go," he sounded foreboding. He sounded like he knew more than he was letting on. He sounded like he knew this was the only outcome that would aid everyone. For for a second Nyx considered if Thor had lost interest in the good of Asgard, in Loki, in her... 

But she knew him too well, even if he was keeping something from her, she knew he would never hurt Asgard. He wouldn't intentionally hurt her either but sometimes things were out of his control and it happens anyways. 

No.

"Nyx," he said louder with more might. Finally, she could hear Thor sigh as she continued to slowly approach the three. As she got closer, she noticed the rough softness of the metal man's face. He had very inviting eyes, big and brown. But he carried weight with him. He carried what almost felt like a burden or regret. She had to admit, he was well calculated and smarter than Thor. But Thor had the braun and perhaps that was why he lasted so long against her brother. 

"Who are you talking to?" the man dressed in blue pondered. His voice was clear and rich in purpose. Nyx then moved her gaze from the metal man to the man in blue. He was tall, but not quite as tall as Thor or Loki. His clothes were skintight and he had a cloth covering his face in exception to his sparkling blue eyes and pale mouth. He too carried something similar to the metal man. Nyx traced their energies and felt dread, remorse, and even pity. But none of those were her emotions, they were all theirs.