Family isn't Blood

The next morning, Nyx rolled out of bed and tumbled to the floor in a flurry of blonde hair and golden sheets. She hit the parietal bone of her skull on the marbled flooring, tears still welling in her eyes and sweat staining her skin when the image of Loki drowning in his own blood flashed across her vision. She sat up, holding close to the sheets that comforted her with warmth and sniffled. She wiped the tears from her cheeks and sighed in the darkness of her room. 

The moon was still hung high in the sky as she descended from the floor to her balcony. The cool winds of early morning cooling the sweat at the nape of her neck and easing the fear in Nyx's chest. She inhaled deeply and loosened her grip on the sheets wrapped around her shaking body. 

She stood there for nearly a half hour before a small glint of sunlight blinded her from the horizon, circling around the BiFrost in the far distance. She sighed and walked back inside, closing the door behind her as she dressed herself in a stiff leather corset, black armor shielding her chest and abdomen from potential harm, and a beautiful black pendant hung from her neck, nuzzled between her breasts, out of view from everyone but herself. 

Thick leather pants covered her legs and knee high boots were put on her feet. As she laced her shoes up her legs, she searched for Heimdall's foreseeing mind. She found it quite easily considering the millions of individuals that lived on Asgard. He was looking down on Thor, his mind was empty but Thor's thoughts invaded her own. It was odd how effortless it was for Heimdall to clear his mind, Nyx could never understand how it was possible with so much going on around her. 

Keep me company. Please, come with me.

Was Thor silently... pleading? 

You should know better than to invade the thoughts of your elders, young Princess.

Nyx jumped at the sound of Heimdall's voice in her head and retreated back to her room. She only once entered his mind before when she was young. She was a few years old, unaware of her power and Heimdall was the only one around so she was only able to connect with his mind. He smiled gently looking down on her chubby, crimson cheeks. 

Hello, young Princess

With that, Nyx burst into an uncontrollable fit of giggles, making high pitched baby noises which only caused Heimdall to soften at the happiness on her face.

Quiet

He hushed her, only a bubbly smile on her face with long lashes fluttering up a him, illuminating her already brilliantly blue eyes. 

This can be our little secret, little one. Now where has your reckless blonde brother gone?

Nyx had to smile lightly at the memory of Heimdall. But there was no time to be reminiscing on the past, she had to see he brother, she had to bring him home. 

Just before the sun was peaking above Asgard, Nyx mounted her brown beauty with a kiss on the nose beforehand. She rode silently out of the city and sprinted into a run once she reached the Rainbow Bridge, away from anyone within earshot of hooves hit the ground. The air was cold in the morning, goosebumps riding along her arms and legs and the determination to rescue Thor was slowly warming her from the inside out. 

She reached the observatory as the sun rose high in the sky. Nyx dismounted her steed and ran her hand along the soft edge of Theodore's nose before rushing to meet Heimdall who she found to be standing as still as a statue, guarding the entrance to the BiFrost. 

"Almighty Heimdall" Nyx addressed before being cut off, just as Loki had when they went into Jotunheim. 

"I cannot grant you access to the BiFrost without the King's knowledge, Princess" he replied simply, his eyes lazily making their way to her own.