Burdens Bring Opportunities

This could be a learning experience. I have this setup where I have a whole chapter finished a few days before release date (Friday), which gives me time to focus on the next chapter I want to put out. Well, I was following the script of Thor 1 and lost focus of what I want to convey in this version of the story. In Thor 1, the movie focuses on Thor and his conflicts and how his character development came to be. But here, its about how self-destructive restrictions can be, that no matter how badly you want to keep your feelings to yourself, it will only hurt you in the end. So, once I found myself at a very dim and muddy conclusion, I needed to change something. So that's what I did. I came back here and fixed what will happen in the following chapter. In conclusion, don't let anything restrict you from doing anything. I almost did in a very unimportant way, but it would have led to a chain of events that would have been disappointing to me and made the story what I didn't want it to be.

-V

Nyx had fallen asleep when Loki left her in her room. She awoke from the same nightmare as before, only this time it was a knock at the door that brought he from her slumber.

She bolted upright, sweat beading at her forehead. There were no tears when she woke but her chest felt painfully sharp as she inhaled deeply before getting to her feet and twisting the doorknob to face a red-eyed Prince.

"The Allfather has fallen into the Odinsleep" Loki rasped, walking past Nyx who was stood too disheveled to understand what Loki had said. The lights that illuminated the darkened hallways were bright compared to the dimmed sleep she awoke from.

"Loki?" she sounded wistful, squinting past the lights in the hallway to see five guards in golden armor patrolling the corridor. She turned quickly and shut her door, turning the lock to prevent any of the guards who might have seen Loki come in and want to question him. Remembering what Loki said before about Odin having guards keep anyone from coming in or out of her room, even half asleep she knew Loki wasn't suppose to be there.

"Your father," he addressed again, disappearing into the darkened corners of her room. "He fell into the Odinsleep and it was all my fault" Loki paced the room skillfully fast. His hand clasped around his wrist as his fingers trembled.

"Loki, slow down" Nyx tried to calm him down, her brain working slowly as she fought the drowsiness. "What happened?" she fumbled towards her balcony, the white curtains shielding the moonlight from reaching her bedroom. She twisted the knob to the balcony and flung the doors open, an iridescent cloud of light highlighted her room.

Nyx turned and abruptly lost balance as her brother was found standing directly in front of her, his hands still slightly shaken and his eyes a burning red color, the blue nearly glowing around his enlarged iris. She stumbled to find her footing but managed, grabbing for the door to help her stand straight.

"What more do I need to say" he obliged to speaking fearfully slow, but lost his patience as his mind ran so fast he felt he would forget what his thoughts were telling him if he didn't say them aloud. "Speaking slowly won't make any difference. Thor is still exiled, the Allfather has fallen into the Odinsleep, and everyone seems to believe I am nothing but a trader to the throne" he refused to meet her eyes.

She stared at him with pity. "Who? Whoever thinks this must believe lies" Nyx wasn't as concerned with her father as she was with Loki. She knew he would eventually undergo the Odinsleep, it was inevitable. She slowly approached Loki who stood with his arms at his side, shoulders slumped, and his head hung low to the ground.

"Lasy Sif, Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg" Loki listed with bitterness. "Every one of our brothers friends. Do you know how annoying it gets," Loki shot up, finally meeting Nyx's gaze and the anger seeming to simmer at the mere sight of her. "having to constantly and consistently defend my actions. All I wish is to protect Asgard, and my family, but they want to believe I am nothing more than a diablerie of devilry" Loki explained, his voice stifling from cracking at any moment. Tears were threatening to well in his eyes but he choked them back, his throat closing painfully with every breath he took.