Torpe

"I cannot believe you're alive!" Sif exclaimed, wrapping her arms around the injured girl in royal sheets.

"How did this happen? The guard told a strange story but none of it really made any sense" Volstagg explained.

"When was the last time anything made sense to you, you clueless oaf" Fandral spat back with humor.

"Bugger off you soulless lummox. The Princess was just stabbed and all you want to talk about is how stupid you think I am" Volstagg hissed after he pulled away from Nyx who was still smiling forcefully to be polite to her brother's friends.

"I'm okay" is simply said, realizing the state she was in and mindfully acting as if nothing was happening when in reality, she was injuring another Jotun. "I was terrified, when I turned I saw my sword had been imbedded in Brynjar's back. I can't remember much but I took his pain. Then I just didn't have time to transfer it to Jotunheim" she admitted, spilling the truth for she knew they were the only ones to know of her power. She was glad they were so loyal to her and her brother.

Nyx turned, but Loki was gone. She felt cold suddenly and wished he hadn't moved from beside her.

"The two maidens found a nearby guard who brought you here and by then we heard what happened and insisted Loki did not know until dusk. The Jotuns know Odin is unwell and we're expecting an attack at any moment with them knowing Odin is weak and vulnerable" Fandral explained.

"Loki didn't tell me anything" Nyx narrowed her eyes, looking down at her lap. Why didn't he say anything?

"He didn't tell anybody" Fandral replied. "We went to Heimdall for confirmation after overhearing him speak to the gates guards this morning".

The uneasy feeling in her gut eased. She was thankful he wasn't keeping secrets from exclusively her. Everyone was entitled to their secrets, in his defense.

"I know you don't want to hear this, nor do I expect you to agree, but we all suspect Loki has been doing something very vulgar tradings and is telling nobody about them" Hogun spoke for the first time since seeing the princess.

Nyx didn't respond as quickly as her thoughts popped into her head, she didnt want to overly defend Loki, but she also didn't want to accuse the four of looking for trouble.

"Loki, he is mischievous. He is young, yes. But think, Thor was more childish than any of us; even you Fandral" Nyx smiled, hoping to disregard the main purpose of their conversation.

Fandral smiled, despite being playfully offended.

Sif began saying "We know you love your brother dearly but you can't deny these last few days have been off".

"Right, so about that-" but before she could break the news to the three bruts and lady viking, the doors to the infirmary burst off again.

"Do people not know how to knock?!" Nyx shouted angrily, her hands flying in the air. The guard standing at the infirmary door stood there frightened. "I apologize," she found her composure. "that was the third time today someone has interrupted me and I'm just annoyed with the lack of privacy I seem to have. What is it?" she finally asked.

"We seem to need two sets of guards at the southend of the castle and there's been a breech in the dungeons" there was urgency in the guards words as he announced the news to everyone but the princess.

"We'll be there right away" Fandral informed. The guard jogged away, leaving the five in a rushed atmosphere. "We must attend to the prisoners, my apologies. I will see you when you are healed, Princess" Fandral proclaimed.

"As will I" Volstagg added as Fandral and Hogun left the room

"I will go with you then" Nyx urged, swinging her legs over the side of the bed now that her organs were healed. But there were two hands placed on either of her shoulders, pushing her further into the mattress. "I assure you, we do not need your assistance. Rest, Nyx. You need it" Sif spoke softly with concern as Fandral, Volstagg, and Hogun made their way into the corridor.