Pranks

Thor was sparing with his sister. They were ditching their wielding swords, daggers, and hammers, and decided to work on steady hand to hand combat. Nyx was teaching Thor how to be more defensive and Thor was teasing her about how to be more assertive.

"Defending yourself doesn't mean backing away. You're huge, you tower over everyone. Use that to your advantage! When I stagger I want you to roll onto your shoulder and onto your feet again" she taught as she swung her hand over the top of her brothers head. Thor's posture altered to fit his position and stepped forward with one foot, keeping his other behind him for support as it was firmly planted to the ground of the training grounds. She went again with her hand aimed right at his throat, Thor rolled onto his shoulder and flipped to his feet.

"Keep your shoulders back." Thor instructed, moving his foot out of the way as Nyx noticed he looked determined to literally stand his ground. So she moved quick with her feet and slammed her heel down, nearly snapping Thor's calf bone out of place if he hadn't moved out of the way, backing away. But he centered himself and forced Nyx backwards.

"Keep your eyes a step ahead of your actions, like a lag." Nyx explained, spinning and missing Thor's pounce.

Thor rolled his eyes and smiled, whipping around and missing Nyx's punch. "You've come accustom to Misgardain slang now." he chuckled. "We go there once and you think you are one." Thor teased.

"Nyx centered her brothers face and ended up pressing her knuckles into his nose. They both yelped and shot back. Nyx shook her hand as the pain vibrated through her bones and Thor's hands went to his face where his nose was bleeding and throbbing. "Shut up." Nyx smiled.

She watched as Thor opened his eyes and stared at Nyx with shock. "You broke my nose!" he disciplined. But Nyx approached him and smiled softly, pressing her palms to his forearms, feeling his pain like a rough headache and reviewed the flashing of blue, black, and red. She healed her brother and opened her weary eyes with tiredness now, her energy going out very quickly.

"You should have held your head down, watching my every move, otherwise I would not have struck you in the face, Brother." she explained lazily, closing her hands and rolling her eyes, trying to reawaken her senses. She paused and gracefully fell the the ground, her knees catching her and her eyes growing heavy.

"Nyx, are you alright?" Thor asked.

"I'm fine, just tired." she admitted. Nyx got to her feet and made her way to her room. Once there, she fell into her mattress and fell into the darkness as quickly as she closed her eyes.

***

Nyx was awoken by a pair of hands shaking her awake. They were gentle and his voice was full of wonder. "Nyx, I need your help" it was a preteen Loki with a mischievous smile on his face.

Nyx sat up wearily and met an anxious little boy. "What's wrong?" she asked worried he had another nightmare or something bad happened while she was asleep, she was immediately alarmed in her dazed state.

"Come on!" he spoke with excitement, running off and checking the corridor for any guards who he hadn't yet put into a trance.

Nyx got up and quickly tied her hair back before following her younger and more mischievous companion through the corridor of oddly satisfied guards and waiters. It was like she was walking through a tunnel of natural influence. It was something she'd seen out of a children's movie on Midgard, it was about someone named Alice.

"What did you do to them? Where are we going?" Nyx asked as she chased Loki. She was doped up on sleep and the world around seemed like a dream, she wasn't sure if what she was seeing was reality or something else.